Make sure the Post belongs in General Discussions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fredtgreco

Vanilla Westminsterian
Staff member
Board Members,

Please make sure when you make a new thread, that the thread belongs in the General Discussions Forum before you post it. The General Discussions Form is not a "I don't know where to put this so I'll put it here" forum; it is a forum for threads that do not have any other specific home. We have had far too many threads in the General Discussions Forum that easily fit into the Theological forum, the Bible forums, the Entertainment forum and others. The reason that this is a problem is because we have more than 1300 threads and 17,000 posts in the General Forum. This makes it exceedingly difficult for people to search this forum, or to find anything in its archives. That, in turn, creates duplicate posts over many months and just contributes to the problem.

So the solution to this is, before you post in the general discussions forum, to think about it this way:

Is there ANY other place that I could put this thread. Not just where is the best place, but is there ANY other place where this would fit. Think of the general form more off like a place where there is no other place where this possibly fits so I'll have to put it here.

Thanks for your attention to this matter.

For the Admins,

Fred Greco

Ok,

This is a reminder: please do not post a thread in General Discussions unless there is NO OTHER place you can think of to put it. Do not put it there just because you are unsure if it fits somewhere else. Pick the best spot you think and the Mods will take it from there.

Think of the General Discussions Forum like that corner of the attic or that pile on the desk that never gets looked in, and is a huge mess, with no organization. No one will ever be able to find the post a month from now, searching or not. Only if there is NO OTHER place even close, should it be put there.

I wasn't even a member yet! This demonstrates Fred's magnetic "Marcia Bradyness" that his 3 year old posts are bumped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back