Matthew Commentary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prufrock

Arbitrary Moderation
I'm looking for thoughts on the best, or good modern commentaries on Matthew. Some from a reformed perspective if you know of any good ones, but also not. Thorough, scholarly, critical, etc.

Thanks in advance for the input.
 
I'd recommend David Turner's commentary from the Baker Exegetical Commentary of the New Testament (BECNT). I used it for a sermon on the Transfiguration and was thoroughly pleased with his treatment of the Greek text and his expansion into socio-rhetorical categories.

Also, I do not own, but have referred to a library copy of R.T. France's commentary in the New International Commentary on the New Testament (NICNT). France is a premier scholar in the synoptics and has just recently finished Mark in the aforementioned BECNT.

I hope this helps!
 
Take your pick: Carson (EBC), France (NICNT), Morris (Pillar), Turner (BECNT), Wilkins (NIVAC). More liberal, but outstanding (and expensive): Bruner, Davies-Allison (ICC)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top