Merry Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOldCourse

Puritan Board Sophomore
How are you and your family enjoying your ordinary common day labors on this beautiful Tuesday morning?

;)

Seriously though, whether everyone celebrates holidays or no I hope y'all enjoy a time of rest and refreshment this day and week. I'm certainly grateful for the time off of work, having a little one that hasn't been sleeping well recently. It's been a wonderful year full of our Lord's gracious providences and I'm grateful for my Christian brothers near, far, and electronic--even those I don't always agree with!

:cheers2:

I am a confessing Grinch and I reluctantly go along with gift giving while secretly begrudging whoever it was in the Massachusetts Bay Colony who repealed the ban on celebrating Christmas.

If you don’t celebrate Christmas, you shouldn’t get the day(s) off from work.

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas!
Foisted upon some of us by Rome's wicked reach; I would only add, however, that even if you DO "celebrate" it, you shouldn't get it off, unless it's the Sabbath day, or earned PTO, or some other providential hindrance/affordance (such as company closed on said day).

Merry Christmas!

I'm my own boss: I gave myself all week and I don't need a special occasion. :p I probably would work it, personally, but I wouldn't be able to get any staff or patients to come in, so I'd just be wasting time and money.

I'm my own boss: I gave myself all week and I don't need a special occasion. :p I probably would work it, personally, but I wouldn't be able to get any staff or patients to come in, so I'd just be wasting time and money.
Right. Once again demonstrating the reach of Rome's sloth and poor work ethic seemingly ubiquitous in our day. Grievously, the Sabbath day has no such high regard amongst the heathen (or most of the visible church for that matter).

Foisted upon some of us by Rome's wicked reach; I would only add, however, that even if you DO "celebrate" it, you shouldn't get it off, unless it's the Sabbath day, or earned PTO, or some other providential hindrance/affordance (such as company closed on said day).
That about sums up all the regular reasons that people have the day off.

Last Tuesday I took a poplar limb I've been storing for a couple years, and turned it into a coat rack.
20181222_102024783626836.jpg

20181225_0909481383496680.jpg

20181225_1105041206653682.jpg

Then I used some of the time to weld on my landing gear assembly.

20181208_162049321623305.jpg

01-jig-front-gear.jpg

This Tuesday I fabricated brake plates and axles.

03-hole.jpg
02-tool-mod.jpg

05-axle-fit.jpg

Now it's back to preparing for the day-job....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back