Reformed Catholic
Puritan Board Freshman
Brothers.
I greet you in the Lord.
A lot of you are far wiser and more mature than I am and have spent years walking the way as a pilgrim. I converted to Christianity from atheism only 2 years ago and since then, I have tried my best to mortify pride, lust, sloth, worldliness, unbelief, etc... and have often come far short. Especially as a young man, the temptation towards p0rnography and lust is like a never-ending cloud that always looms over my head. And it often has gotten the better of me.
I wanted to ask whether there was any one piece of advice, wisdom, book, sermon, series, etc... anything that really made it "click" or had a drastic impact in your walk? I am currently going through a series of lectures on John Owen's Mortification of Sin, which I have already read.
Appreciate you all and any piece of wisdom and/or advice you can give and God bless.
I greet you in the Lord.
A lot of you are far wiser and more mature than I am and have spent years walking the way as a pilgrim. I converted to Christianity from atheism only 2 years ago and since then, I have tried my best to mortify pride, lust, sloth, worldliness, unbelief, etc... and have often come far short. Especially as a young man, the temptation towards p0rnography and lust is like a never-ending cloud that always looms over my head. And it often has gotten the better of me.
I wanted to ask whether there was any one piece of advice, wisdom, book, sermon, series, etc... anything that really made it "click" or had a drastic impact in your walk? I am currently going through a series of lectures on John Owen's Mortification of Sin, which I have already read.
Appreciate you all and any piece of wisdom and/or advice you can give and God bless.
