Movie--The Genesis Code-has any one here seen it (besides me)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BJClark

Puritan Board Doctor
Movie--The Genesis Code

Has anyone seen it?

This religious drama stars Kelsey Sanders as Kerry Wells, a college student and aspiring journalist who also happens to be a Born Again Christian. She strikes up a budding romance with fellow undergrad Blake Truman (Logan Bartholomew), a collegiate hockey superstar and one of the most popular men on campus. As the two grow ever closer, however, Kerry learns that Blake is still reeling from a painful secret in his past. When Kerry suggests that Blake pray and ask God to relieve his emotional burdens, Blake - an atheist - scoffs at the suggestion, insisting that the miracles of modern science disprove the validity of the Bible. Meanwhile, Kerry finds her faith challenged from another source, and decides to weigh scientific discoveries against the account of creation in Genesis - with surprising results.

The acting is not the greatest, and the basic story line is not the best..but I was wondering if anyone has seen it and could speak to the science

The Genesis Code Trailer - Rotten Tomatoes

I rented this tonight and my daughter and I watched it..the overall plot line (college journalist/college hockey player) seems to be more to fill the movie and back drop to discuss Science vs Genesis (6 days of Creation), most of the major actors who are in the movie only have bit parts that anyone could have played..Adam Chambers , Catherine Hicks , Ernest Borgnine , Fred Dalton Thompson , Kelsey Sanders

No sex, nudity or violence, some drinking in a couple of bar scenes--and even that wasn't a lot..(it was more for the backdrop of the bar, and a pretty good quip by the main female character)

However, I'm more interested in if anyone here has seen it, and what they thought about the scientific aspects of the big bang theory and the earth being billions of years old and the literal six days of creation with science proving the six days pf creation given the correlation of time/space/light ect--I think this portion of the movie was probably the most interesting--

I rented it from redbox,

I haven't seen the movie, but here's a review of it from a Creation science perspective (which is not my own view on these matters): Genesis-code-review The big problem theologically/biblically with all the Relativity harmonizations of Genesis to science is that, among (several) other things, it leaves the universe taking billions of years to create outside of the time diliated area. And the scientific problem usually is that they're highly speculative or do not account for the amount of time needed to be dilated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back