Mozilla Thunderbird Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.

R. Scott Clark

Puritan Board Senior
Somehow my junk mail filters got set to send everything to trash -- which is actually convenient since most of it is and then I fish out the stuff I need -- but if I wanted, theoretically, to make it all go back to the in-box, how would I do that?

rsc
 
Follow up.

Changed some filter settings and things are better - it is amazing, however, how much of my email I simply left in the trash!

I think using the "ends with" filter looks at the .com or .org endings (rather than the domain as I thought). Thus everything was going to trash.

rsc
 
I feel your pain. Every time I see a time saving plug-in or a productivity enhancing widget I say, "One of these days I'm going to learn what all these inventions do and my computing will be streamlined."

Who am I kidding? I don't have the time to learn of all these time savers. I've too much to do to stop and educate myself in productivity enhancement.
 
Follow up.

Changed some filter settings and things are better - it is amazing, however, how much of my email I simply left in the trash!

I think using the "ends with" filter looks at the .com or .org endings (rather than the domain as I thought). Thus everything was going to trash.

rsc

:up:

Like many email clients, Thunderbird should be able to sense when something is junk and when it is not. There is also a setting to trash all junk mail, but in my opinion this is not advisable since occasionally a good message will be termed junk (something that RARELY happens for me in Gmail BTW). When I used it I don't think I ever messed with the spam settings other than to create the junk folder. Unless I'm confusing it with Opera's mail client, when you mark mail in the inbox as junk and mark mail it has deemed junk as not junk, it should help to "train" it to filter spam better in the future.

Messages in the junk folder should have a drop down menu that allows you to move them to the inbox if desired. (I'm going from memory since I no longer have it installed.)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top