Music Boxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

VirginiaHuguenot

Puritanboard Librarian
Does anyone recall the music box from Somewhere in Time in the form of the Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island, Michigan, which played Rachmaninoff's Rhapsody On A Theme Of Paganini (18th Var.)? Well, if you have $500 to spend, you can purchase one here:

Collectibles - Grand Hotel Music Box

as well as another music box that plays the movie's theme by John Barry for considerably less:

Collectibles - Somewhere in Time Music Box

Does anyone know of other music boxes available that play classical music? Any particular favorite music boxes?
 
Yamaha Disklavier Grand Piano

This is the greatest possible «music box»

What technology can do these days !!!

This is a grand piano, that can also play by itself.

You may also sit, just wave the fingers,

and impress your guests, even without much talent :D

while a great pianist «recording data» activates it.



Well, I certainly wouldn't mind having one of this, but then I would need

another living room either, too much trouble :2cents:

So I better stick to one of those charming little music boxes...



[video=youtube;sjhOvi5-Rk0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjhOvi5-Rk0&feature=related[/video]

[video=youtube;uM-JDDGupIE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uM-JDDGupIE&feature=related[/video]



.
 
Last edited:
Thanks. :) That's not quite what I had in mind, but it is interesting. I am thinking of, say, Pachelbel's Canon in D on a traditional music box. Is there something like that out there?
 
I've seen a very nice music box that played the Canon. I'll have to put my memory in gear to remember where.
 
Thanks. :) That's not quite what I had in mind, but it is interesting. I am thinking of, say, Pachelbel's Canon in D on a traditional music box. Is there something like that out there?

Sorry Andrew

This was what came to my mind, because I find it fascinating.

But yes this was way out of topic and scale, not to mention the price.

Hum, how about a Juke box, just kidding :duh:


This site has remarkably beautiful antique music boxes

and with videos to hear and see them working, a must see !

Kembery Antiques - Specialists in Antique Music boxes: music boxes


This site has charming ones, a pity we cannot hear them.

World of Music Boxes - Classic Music Boxes
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top