My Son..

Status
Not open for further replies.

BJClark

Puritan Board Doctor
Called me into his room the other night to share with me he thinks he knows what it means to be a Christian..."God wants us to put Him first in everything that we do."

And he was talking about Jesus "being" the God of the Universe, and becoming a man, living life as a man going through all the hurts and pains we go through, and dying, just like we will."

I asked what brought this line of thought on and he said "I was just laying here talking to God and these thoughts just filled my mind." He was in tears, as he admited he doesn't always put God first and how much God must love him to leave heaven and die for him, even though he doesn't always put him first.

We talked about some other things like about How God, who created the universe had just spoken to him telling these things to him, and about worship and what it means. He got excited to think about God speaking directing to HIM!! (as we all should)

He's professed Christ for a couple years now, but the reality of it is clicking in.

And last night he called me back in his room to ask me if I would go to his awards ceremony at school this afternoon, he told me when I first got the letter that He didn't want me to go...because it would embarass Him, but I was going to honor his request and not go, even though I REALLY wanted to go and celebrate this with him. He thought about it and decided he wants me to go celebrate with him, he said I can even take pictures!!


Both nights I left his room in tears...as I watch my little boy grow up, not just physically but emotionally and spiritually. The wonderful ways God blesses us!!!
 
My boy is only two, but I pray everyday that the Lord will bless us with the same type of testimony. Praise be to the Lord!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top