Need a New Laptop

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology' started by Parakaleo, Mar 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VictorBravo

VictorBravo Administrator Staff Member

Or, if you are a cloudophobe like me, you can just add an sd or micro sd card for file storage. I still keep my little 128 Gig SSD relatively happy by leaving only applications on it and storing my other working files on a 256 GB micro sd card. Copernic indexes it without hassle and I can find anything I've done in the past 6 years without having to go to archives (I'm 99.9% "paperless", meaning I have all my work and personal files handy on my device in pdf format or native format from 2009 to present--the remaining 0.1% are physical documents that need original signatures, like wills and titles).

I back up the data files every night locally to a hard drive at home. And I also back up to a hard drive at my office a couple times a day. (That hard drive stays locked in a cabinet). A third back up drive sits in my briefcase, too. Just backing up data files with something like MS Synctoy only takes about a minute if you do it regularly.

But go with the cloud if you aren't hyper-OCD nervous about 3rd party access.

2. TylerRay

TylerRay Puritan Board Senior

3. monoergon

monoergon Puritan Board Freshman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.