john_Mark
Puritan Board Freshman
I am posting this here to see if any of you have a better understanding of what's being said here http://www.societaschristiana.com/archives/cat_discussions_and_debates.html#000320
One of the paragraphs from the post is:
There are some other references on the same blog to "nuda scriptura" and such.
Does anyone here see things the same way as posted on this blog?
One of the paragraphs from the post is:
Many subsidiary questions are involved in these larger ones, to be sure. One particularly minefield-like area of disagreement is the nature and meaning of the Reformation principle sola Scriptura. Especially as I read some of White's recent blog posts, I find it exceedingly difficult to imagine having to retract many things I have said about his views on this point. I believe that James White is defending what he honestly believes to be true on this point, but at the same time I honestly believe that White's view of sola Scriptura bears almost no relation to the principle and practice of the Protestant Reformers themselves but is instead better described as nuda Scriptura. This view of "naked texts" subsequently affects his view of hermeneutics and the nature and prospects of the exegetical task, and how he approaches and tries to reason with the members of other Christian denominations. Similarly, my view of sola Scriptura affects my thinking and practice on those points.
There are some other references on the same blog to "nuda scriptura" and such.
Does anyone here see things the same way as posted on this blog?

