Odd Behavior Difference Between Two PCs

Status
Not open for further replies.

toddpedlar

Iron Dramatist
I have a laptop at my office for which, if I try connecting to http://www.puritanboard.com via Firefox, I get the solideogloria.com site (though in the address bar it happily reports that I'm at www.puritanboard.com). On my other laptop (linux, though I don't think that's pertinent), I get the expected purtianboard. There, too, I'm using Firefox (Swiftfox, actually).

This is VERY odd. I DESPISE Internet Explorer, but it comes up on my PC laptop happily to the puritanboard start page.

There is also a work-related page that refuses to come up at all under Firefox on the PC laptop, but comes up like a charm on IE. The Linux laptop has no problems of any kind with that page.

What might be going on? I've never seen anything like this - and the puritanboard.com thing is VERY odd.
 
That is strange. It's not completely off the wall since they share the same IP but that shouldn't be happening. The only thing I can figure is that, somehow, your office is just resolving the IP and not passing the actual domain to my server so it defaults to the main site for the server - my Solideogloria.com site.
 
I like Firefoxe's way of Bookmarking, you can have keywords that will appear on the top margin of the page. When playing around with bookmarks it is possible to have it report that you are in one page even though you are not. If you click on bookmarks and then organize bookmarks, and then go to the specific site and go to the keyword field, you will see where to rewrite your margin not of puritanboard.com
 
what's weirdest is that it's intermittent. The aforementioned PC is now doing things fine after a reboot.

T
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top