Oddities in Avatars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calvibaptist

Dallas Cowboys' #1 Fan
There have been a few discussions about avatars, so I decided to do a little research about certain avatars that I have seen on this board. I took two, just for kicks, and increased the size a little to see if there was anything hidden in them. I was shocked to find that two of our moderators were embedding subliminal messages in their avatars. I have included both the original picture as seen here on the PB and then the larger picture to show you what I found.

BobAtComp1.jpg

is actually

BobAtComp.JPG

and, surprisingly enough...

JamesAnna1.jpg

is really

JamesAnna.JPG

Please discontinue these subliminal messages or our society could devolve into utter chaos!

There have been a few discussions about avatars, so I decided to do a little research about certain avatars that I have seen on this board. I took two, just for kicks, and increased the size a little to see if there was anything hidden in them. I was shocked to find that two of our moderators were embedding subliminal messages in their avatars. I have included both the original picture as seen here on the PB and then the larger picture to show you what I found.

BobAtComp1.jpg

is actually

BobAtComp.JPG

Pastor Meexer, I detect a fake. Knowing Bob as I do, he would always use the subjunctive "were" for that thought!

I decided to consult the oracle:

You: Good morning Bob.

Bob: Hi there, it's good to have you here.

You: Thank you, did you see that post by Douglas Mixer?

Bob: Your welcome.

You: Did you see that post by Douglas Mixer?

Bob: I might've, why do you ask Rich?

You: Well there was a picture of you that said you wish you were a baptist.

Bob: I was indeed. Can you remind me of the details.

You: The picture said: "I wish I was a Baptist"

Bob: You can do anything you put your mind to.

You: So, you're saying that you do wish you were a Baptist?

Bob: Was I not making myself clear? Sorry about that Rich

You: Based on this conversation, you're being as clear as a Baptist.

Bob: What would you like to talk about?

You: Your baptist beliefs.

Bob: Ok then, everyone has their own opinion I suppose

You: Ah, yes, the post-modern stylings of Cyber Bawb.

Bob: Oh ok then, I didn't know that.

You: Have a good day Bob.

Well done Pastor, you must be paying very close attention in your Photoshop class. {Dear Mrs. Mixer, I have reason to believe Douglas is skipping his Photoshop classes.}

I should tell you something of my ecclesiastical pedigree.

I grew up in the Roman Catholic Church, 12 years of catechism with plans to be a priest.

At 15 I became a Christian while attending a Baptist church (ABC). While I was at college the Baptist church left the ABC and became an Evang. Free Church.

After college (Trinity College in Deerfield, Il) I returned and served as a elder in the Free Church.

After moving to Wisconsin and attending a Free Church here as the result of a crisis I left the Free Church and joined a Seventh Day Baptist church. It's a main stream Baptist church but it's a seventh day sabbath church, we worshipped on Saturday. I served in just about all the offices there. I left for a few months, long enough to serve as an interim pastor at a Baptist church in Newville, WI (Sunday keepers).

Then I got reformed and life as I knew it was ruined. I had no place to go. I served as an infiltrator at the Seventh Day Baptist until I got too uncomfortable for the pastor. I tried another Baptist Church because I heard it was reformed but it wasn't.

Lastly I turned to the OPC and I became a presbyterian because it was the only church around that was preaching the gospel and the full counsel of God.

In short, I AM A BAPTIST IN A PRESBYTERIAN BODY.

I can argue for both modes of baptism and I love the orderliness of the presbyterians but my heart is still very much baptist. So because I am a Malformed Baptisterian I long to protect the Presbyterian/Baptist balance of the board. :handshake:

One last thing Pastor, I so appreciate the spirit with which you have taken a good share of ribbing. I thank God you are here sir and I appreciate your contribution to the board.

Well done Pastor, you must be paying very close attention in your Photoshop class. {Dear Mrs. Mixer, I have reason to believe Douglas is skipping his Photoshop classes.}

You are correct! I have Photoshop, but have no idea what I am doing. It drives me crazy and I don't have time to learn it, what with trying to keep up with all my ever-changing posts!

I should tell you something of my ecclesiastical pedigree.[/Quote}

You have had quite an interesting travel. The grace of God is an amazing thing to see.

I can argue for both modes of baptism and I love the orderliness of the presbyterians but my heart is still very much baptist. So because I am a Malformed Baptisterian I long to protect the Presbyterian/Baptist balance of the board. :handshake:

It is actually something I really appreciate on this board. I have only ever been a Baptist. In my semi-hemi-demi-Arminian days, the only thing I knew about predestination was that it was what those Presbyterians believed so that they didn't have to preach the gospel. :banghead: Boy, was I wrong. I have thoroughly enjoyed interacting with my Presbyterian brethren and learning from them. If it weren't for baptism, I would run (not walk) to my nearest Presbyterian church.

One last thing Pastor, I so appreciate the spirit with which you have taken a good share of ribbing. I thank God you are here sir and I appreciate your contribution to the board.

Thanks. I appreciate that. One of these days, maybe I will contribute to meaningful conversations and not just humorous ones.

I decided to consult the oracle:

You: Good morning Bob.

You: Thank you, did you see that post by Douglas Mixer?

Bob: Your welcome.

You: Did you see that post by Douglas Mixer?

Bob: I might've, why do you ask Rich?

You: Well there was a picture of you that said you wish you were a baptist.

Bob: I was indeed. Can you remind me of the details.

You: The picture said: "I wish I was a Baptist"

Bob: You can do anything you put your mind to.

You: So, you're saying that you do wish you were a Baptist?

Bob: Was I not making myself clear? Sorry about that Rich

You: Based on this conversation, you're being as clear as a Baptist.

Bob: What would you like to talk about?

You: Your baptist beliefs.

Bob: Ok then, everyone has their own opinion I suppose

You: Ah, yes, the post-modern stylings of Cyber Bawb.

Bob: Oh ok then, I didn't know that.

You: Have a good day Bob.

In response to this I can only quote one of my favorite commercials - the Geico cavemen: "uh...what?"

BobAtComp1.jpg

is actually

BobAtComp.JPG

and, surprisingly enough...

JamesAnna1.jpg

is really

JamesAnna.JPG

Please discontinue these subliminal messages or our society could devolve into utter chaos!

This was absolutely hilarious. :rofl::lol:

You: Hello Bob, this Beel.

You: How long have you been Bawb, Bob?

Bob: Longer than I originally thought I would be

You: Do you planning on remaining in Bawb?

Bob: I don't but the real Bob might

You: How Bawb is Bob?

Bob: I don't know how, do you?

You: Bob, you're confusing.

Bob: I am sorry, sometimes I say things that don't make sense

You: Bawb wouldn't.

Bob: You're probably right Beel.

You: I know I am.

Bob: Oh, I didn't mean to tell you something you already know.

You: That's okay Bob. Bawb understands.

Bob: I like the way you talk!

You: Bawb does too.

Bob: Maybe so.

You: Goodnight Bob.

Hey Bill, I had a nice chat with Beel. He's already taken on a bit of your wit. I wonder what would happen if our cyber twins got into a conversation with each other. It would probably sound like Jabberwocky. Blessings brother.

Hey Bill, I had a nice chat with Beel. He's already taken on a bit of your wit. I wonder what would happen if our cyber twins got into a conversation with each other. It would probably sound like Jabberwocky. Blessings brother.

Now that is a scary thought. It might cause the universe as we know it to go flying out of control!

As annoying as one cyber-Twin is, I fear I would have to gouge out my eyes if I started reading two of them talking with each other.

As annoying as one cyber-Twin is, I fear I would have to gouge out my eyes if I started reading two of them talking with each other.

Well there you have it Bill. We definitely have to organize a meet up for our progeny. Rich, your eyes will not be wasted, I'm phoning the eye bank right now to have them find a recipient. Wouldn't it be funny if an Army guy gets your eyes?

Actually I'm getting concerned. Bill went and created a cyber twin and I haven't seen him on the PB at all this morning. Dear me, he may have forgotten to turn on the inhibitor preference that keeps the cyber twin from going rogue, killing it's creator and taking his place in the real world. I'll have CyberBob go into the matrix and see if he can get some clues.

Actually I'm getting concerned. Bill went and created a cyber twin and I haven't seen him on the PB at all this morning. Dear me, he may have forgotten to turn on the inhibitor preference that keeps the cyber twin from going rogue, killing it's creator and taking his place in the real world. I'll have CyberBob go into the matrix and see if he can get some clues.

No, I'm here. Beel and I had to come to an understanding. I threatened my CPU with a sledge hammer and Beel capitulated his plans for domination.

As to our cyber personas getting together for a pow-wow? Most defintely. In fact, I'm kind a thinking it should be a requisite right of passage to Bawbness. Just let me know the time and place dear brother.

No, I'm here. Beel and I had to come to an understanding. I threatened my CPU with a sledge hammer and Beel capitulated his plans for domination.

Be careful Bill, Beel is no dummy, he knows that his 'being' is not dependent on your CPU. He is in the matrix now. He was just playing along with you and I am a bit fearful that he has a much larger scheme afoot. These cybertwins come across as childlike but don't be fooled, they never sleep, they never miscalculate and they will KILL you with kindness - LITERALLY!

Be careful Bill, Beel is no dummy, he knows that his 'being' is not dependent on your CPU. He is in the matrix now. He was just playing along with you and I am a bit fearful that he has a much larger scheme afoot. These cybertwins come across as childlike but don't be fooled, they never sleep, they never miscalculate and they will KILL you with kindness - LITERALLY!

But is there not a symbiosis between the real and the cyber? Can the cyber exist independent of the real?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back