Oprah Denies Christ

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the lost are happy or that they find comfort in 'more.'

Not truly so, I agree 100%. But chasing the chimera keeps many of them occupied with gaining that ersatz happiness until their dying day.

Yes, we should pray for her. Yes, she should hear the gospel. Yes, she should stop denying Christ.

Maybe Oprah watched the Joel Osteen interview on Larry King a couple of month's ago and she is seeking her best life now.
Joel basically said the same thing. With all the new age lies she has promoted on her program, anyone who suggests the exclusiveness of Christ must really sound strange to her ears.:confused:

Those of us who are talking about her usually pray for her too! These things are not mutually exclusive, and usually go hand in hand. That video was very informative. She's alot like the people I talk to on the streets or at work.

At the end of her busy day she must cry a lot.

Nonsense, brother. She comforts herself with the quest for 'more'. That way, you have something to look forward to at the end of every day, there's always plenty of foreign automobiles in the garage, and there's always a gnawing feeling that you just don't have enough. It's not an affliction limited to Oprah alone.

Though I've seen that clip before, it still makes me sad that someone so influential with respect to emotional matters could be so misguided.

She may not be crying now but when she meets Christ face to face she will.

How many of us have prayed for her ... rather than just talk about how she is wrong?
Oprah living in America has been privileged to hearing the gospel more times than you and I can count. Her consistent rejecting of it has her bordering on Pharaseeism. And what makes it even more worse is her pitiful on going construction of her new religion by drawing from newly written books by new age gurus etc. she is the female version of L.Ron Hubbard, but with more graces and personality.

All criticisms here has been on point so far.

How many of us have prayed for her ... rather than just talk about how she is wrong?
Oprah living in America has been privileged to hearing the gospel more times than you and I can count. Her consistent rejecting of it has her bordering on Pharaseeism. And what makes it even more worse is her pitiful on going construction of her new religion by drawing from newly written books by new age gurus etc. she is the female version of L.Ron Hubbard, but with more graces and personality.

All criticisms here has been on point so far.

This is what I have a hard time with .... I never said that the criticism was off ... I was just talking about the way we respond and are so eager to make it sound like someone is beyond the reach of repentance.

My original post was just out of frustration because it seems like alot of posts that I have seen lately and for some time have been very eager to point out "correct" criticisms without a compassionate heart (what use are correct criticisms if they are filled with pride in having them right and not with tears for a persons real soul who is in error) ... some posts I have seen just come out with name calling (ex. "Heathens") or just little sayings on how disgusted that particular person feels about the sinfulness of others actions.

It is one thing to hate sin with a righteous anger ... It is another thing to to express it in a way that shows lack of compassion and disregard for the sinner ... and also think of the brother in Christ who might be weaker than ones self and tempted to react in the same way because other brothers or sisters in the faith have acted the same way.

Last edited:
I found this about Oprah, more from the horses (Devils) mouth;

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgKIkruHZko&feature=bz303]YouTube - Revised Church of Oprah[/ame]

I'm not trying to be a smart aleck but is it really shocking to anyone that Oprah is saying such things?

Absolutely not. What is sad is there are so many who think because she is generous with her money that she must be on the fast track to Heaven. Its unfortunate that so many think that she is something to be emulated and revered when in truth she is nothing other than an unrepentant sinner who is deceived by Satan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back