Back in 1983 I first wrote the Village Medical Manual which has gone through 6 editions, first with Wycliffe, then self-published, then William Carey Library. Now WCL won't publish the 7th edition, probably because of market saturation. They are having difficulty moving the last of the 6th edition.
I have no interest in making money on this, but I don't want anyone else to make money on it either. It should be free or low-cost for anyone involved in missions. A friend of mine has offered to post it for free download on his site which also has other missions resources, namely chronoligcal Bible storying. I am in the process of mailing off a medical course that is associated with the current edition of the manual.
The whole thing is about 800 pages. The material is not easy to use in electronic form; hard copy is almost essential. What I'm wondering is this:
1. How much would it cost for someone to take a downloaded manuscript to a printer and have a single hard copy made?
2. Do you know of any other publisher that might be interested? Christian publishers usually insist on spiritual content. This content is practical cookbook medicine intended for missionaries in remote rural areas. Secular publishers aren't interested in supporting missions.
3. Does anyone have another suggestion?
I have no interest in making money on this, but I don't want anyone else to make money on it either. It should be free or low-cost for anyone involved in missions. A friend of mine has offered to post it for free download on his site which also has other missions resources, namely chronoligcal Bible storying. I am in the process of mailing off a medical course that is associated with the current edition of the manual.
The whole thing is about 800 pages. The material is not easy to use in electronic form; hard copy is almost essential. What I'm wondering is this:
1. How much would it cost for someone to take a downloaded manuscript to a printer and have a single hard copy made?
2. Do you know of any other publisher that might be interested? Christian publishers usually insist on spiritual content. This content is practical cookbook medicine intended for missionaries in remote rural areas. Secular publishers aren't interested in supporting missions.
3. Does anyone have another suggestion?