Out of Darkness into Light

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 10797

Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.

Matthew 5: 14-15​

The Bible says in 1 John 1:5, “This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.” The Bible calls the wrong we do darkness. The Bible calls our sinfulness darkness. The Apostle John writes that God is light and in Him, there is no darkness at all. God is light. He is the opposite of darkness and sinfulness.

The second of Jesus’s “I am” statements can be found in John 8:12, “I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness but shall have the light of life.” The Lord Jesus Christ is the only source of true spiritual light. All who follow Him will not walk in spiritual darkness. The light that Christ offers is the light of eternal life.

In John 3:19 Jesus said, “And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.” The truth has come, the Lord Jesus Christ, but men and women love the darkness rather than His light. Why? Because Christ and His Gospel shines a light on the wickedness of our hearts. His light exposes us for who we really are, with God there are no secrets. The Gospel bears witness to the true condition of the nature of mankind. The Gospel brings our sinful deeds into the fullness of the light. We ought to be ashamed of our wickedness and sins. Sadly, many hide in the darkness and seek not the light.

As Christians we ought to reject the things of the flesh, the things that are contrary to godliness. Search your heart is there any sin abiding where righteousness should reside. If so, confess that to the Lord and ask him to replace your imperfections with the example of Christ. May this be so that Christ’s light may shine in the world? Matthew 5:16 says, “Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back