PCA New Members Class

SolusChristus

Puritan Board Freshman
For those in the PCA in particular, how long is your church's new member's class? In other words, how many weeks do you meet and how long is each session?
 
We do 5 90-minute sessionss:

1. Introductions and the importance of membership (biblical basis, purpose, duties and privileges that come with membership, what it looks like “here”)

2. Top 3 Things you should consider when assessing a church, and where do we as a church stand in relation to each. (1) Gospel understanding, (2) the role of Scripture in the life of the church, (3) theological positions.

3. Our worship (explaining the end and aim of worship, the logic of our service, the tone, etc), overview of our ministries and how to plug in, polity (focusing on officers in local church)

4. Why we proudly identify as Calvinist….

5. Why we baptize babies….
 
Last edited:
A quick lookup turned this up:

"The next class will run from Sunday, September 13, 2026, to Sunday, November 1, 2026. We meet from 9:30-10:45 a.m. in the Fellowship Hall. "

AI gave me this for the agenda, I know stewardship is also addressed. If you need more detail, let me know, and I'll ask for some details. If I'm counting right, that's 8 sessions.

    • Discussing foundational theological doctrines, the mission of PCPC, and what it means to connect to Christ, abide in Christ, and extend Christ.
    • Benefits and Expectations of Membership: Explaining the life of the local church, community involvement, and ways to plug into ministries.
    • Parish Ministry: Introducing neighborhood-based parish gatherings designed to connect members across the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex.
    • Constitutional Vows: Walking through the official PCA (Presbyterian Church in America) membership vows and constitutional questions required to formally join the church.
 
I don't recall how many weeks ours is, but it occurs on Sunday during the adult education hour.

The only thing I faintly remember is the timed obstacle course.
 
Back
Top