I just read Leitharts article "Does Baptism Justify"
https://theopolisinstitute.com/does-baptism-justify/
He's not a Romanist, but he is most certainly NOT Reformed either. How anyone could see him as Reformed after reading this article just blows my mind.
I myself actually have a fairly "high" view of Baptism. One could say that I hold to a form of Baptismal Regeneration. My view is the same as the view held by Cornelius Burges. I believe that for the Elect, Baptism begins the process of regeneration. Justification is by faith alone. Note the difference between my view and Leitharts view. I say Baptism begins the process of regeneration, but ONLY for the ELECT, and that Justification is by faith alone. Leithart says that Baptism justifies. He does not limit its efficacy to the Elect, and says nothing about Sola Fide. He seems to be saying that Baptism justifies all who are baptized, and also says that one can fall away after this "justification" they get from Baptism. Seeing as he doesn't even mention how Sola Fide plays into his scheme, it would seem to me that his views would destroy the Reformed doctrines of Total Depravity and Perseverance of the Saints.
I'll admit that compared to most on here, I'd rightly be called a "High-Church Calvinist." I'm an Anglican, not realy a "Puritan" or a "TR" That being said, my views are nowhere near Leitharts. How can anyone see this guy as Reformed?