I have to make a point here that angers me every time I hear someone say "We should rejoice that we now have a black president." Race has not played a part in voting in this country for years. We've had plenty of black senators, representatives and members of the president's cabinet for a long time.
Thousands of conservatives voted for a black candidate, Alan Keyes, years ago when he ran for president, but no one noticed that. When these same conservatives (who voted for Keyes years ago) chose to vote against Obama this election cycle because of his liberal policies, they were called racist. Did the African American community vote for Keyes because he was black then? Of course not.
Face it, one of the reasons why Obama got in office was because the media was screaming "racist" at everyone, and folks were scared to death not to vote for Obama lest they be considered racist.
Frankly, I don't care if the president's skin is purple, and I believe that a large majority of folks in this country have felt that way for a long time. God allowed Obama to rise to the top, and I honor God's sovereignty over the affairs of men. I honor the office of president, no matter what color the president's skin is, but I am sick of people handing a white flag to the folks in this country who care more about skin color than they do about personal integrity.
RANT OVER
-----Added 1/30/2009 at 02:03:19 EST-----
By the way, I, too, am thankful that Piper had the courage to speak out against abortion.