Pittsburgh

Status
Not open for further replies.
It figures, with that hippie hair cut and all. Man must think he's Sampson, no ability without his locks.

HAHAHA...In his own words:
"A lot of people have said, 'Is it the Samson complex?' But my fiancee's mother (Katina Holmes) told me that every great warrior throughout all of world history has had long hair, starting with the Samurais, the Greeks, the American Indians, the Chinese," Polamalu said. "You name it. They've all had long hair. I don't know why it's so different now to have long hair."

Polamalu has no interest in becoming a warrior, however. "I just wear it long, because in college, I just let it go," he said. "It didn't really matter to me."

Now, he said, "It has become the fifth appendage to my body."

Speaking as a Browns who is by implication a Steelers hater:

GO CARDS! Warner would be much better suited for the ring.

Plus you are probably also sympathetic to the fact that the Cardinals, like the Browns, are two of only six teams that have yet to play in the Superbowl!

You do drink the haterade, I side with the Cards too, not just because of their underdog status but because as a Cowboy fan I don't want pittsburgh to be the first to six rings.

OH YEAH!!!

One for the thumb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See, I am a true Christian Steeler fan, I have an image of a Pittsburgh church in my avatar.
Searching for a "Holier than thou" emoticon ;) ;)

Don't forget to explain, this is one for the other thumb, as we're going for number six!!

I miss Pittsburgh soooooo much right now! Last time we went to the Superbowl, the whole city came alive. It was a county-or maybe even state-law that employers had to allow employees to wear Steeler gear! (Or an urban legend that we had our employers believing:lol:) And all you could hear on the radio was, "Here we go, Steelers, Here we go. Pittsburgh's going to the Suuuuuuuuuuperbowl." or "Polamalu, doo doo do do do..." (Though, these songs dominate Pgh airwaves all season long, I must admit!)
But now, we're so alone! Even the national talk radio is split between the Steelers and the Cardinals! And the locals, having no rhyme or reason for the teams they like, since there isn't even a team in the WHOLE state, are still pretty anti-Steelers.
Now when I see people in Steeler gear, it's like we're kindred spirits--both exiled to this football-less wasteland.

See, I am a true Christian Steeler fan, I have an image of a Pittsburgh church in my avatar.
Psst, three teams already have five, Pittsburgh is trying to make it six before Dallas and San Francisco.

Pittsburgh: 1974, 1975, 1978, 1979, 2005.
San Francisco: 1981, 1984, 1988, 1989, 1994.
Dallas: 1971, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995.

It figures, with that hippie hair cut and all. Man must think he's Sampson, no ability without his locks.

"A lot of people have said, 'Is it the Samson complex?' But my fiancee's mother (Katina Holmes) told me that every great warrior throughout all of world history has had long hair, starting with the Samurais, the Greeks, the American Indians, the Chinese," Polamalu said. "You name it. They've all had long hair. I don't know why it's so different now to have long hair."

Polamalu has no interest in becoming a warrior, however. "I just wear it long, because in college, I just let it go," he said. "It didn't really matter to me."

Now, he said, "It has become the fifth appendage to my body."

Plus you are probably also sympathetic to the fact that the Cardinals, like the Browns, are two of only six teams that have yet to play in the Superbowl!

You do drink the haterade, I side with the Cards too, not just because of their underdog status but because as a Cowboy fan I don't want pittsburgh to be the first to six rings.

OH YEAH!!!

Don't forget to explain, this is one for the other thumb, as we're going for number six!!

I miss Pittsburgh soooooo much right now! Last time we went to the Superbowl, the whole city came alive. It was a county-or maybe even state-law that employers had to allow employees to wear Steeler gear! (Or an urban legend that we had our employers believing:lol:) And all you could hear on the radio was, "Here we go, Steelers, Here we go. Pittsburgh's going to the Suuuuuuuuuuperbowl." or "Polamalu, doo doo do do do..." (Though, these songs dominate Pgh airwaves all season long, I must admit!)
But now, we're so alone! Even the national talk radio is split between the Steelers and the Cardinals! And the locals, having no rhyme or reason for the teams they like, since there isn't even a team in the WHOLE state, are still pretty anti-Steelers.
Now when I see people in Steeler gear, it's like we're kindred spirits--both exiled to this football-less wasteland.

I remember seeing online pictures of the Pittsburgh PAT Transit city buses having pictures of Jerome Bettis on them, since his nick-name was the "Bus"....

-----Added 1/19/2009 at 10:41:19 EST-----

Psst, three teams already have five, Pittsburgh is trying to make it six before Dallas and San Francisco.

They won so many you can't not keep track of them all.
The Steelers, they only team that one needs a "Super Computer" to keep track of the championships won.:rofl:

OH YEAH!!!

I remember seeing online pictures of the Pittsburgh PAT Transit city buses having pictures of Jerome Bettis on them, since his nick-name was the "Bus"....

-----Added 1/19/2009 at 10:41:19 EST-----

They won so many you can't not keep track of them all.
The Steelers, they only team that one needs a "Super Computer" to keep track of the championships won.:rofl:
I just gave you the accurate tally, sorry but they don't sand alone unless they win against the Cards; as of now they haven't even been t the most Super Bowls, they still trail Dallas.

Yes, Warner is a Christian, of the modern evangelical type.

Perhaps a little insight into Warner. This is the website of the church that Warners were members of in St. Louis: Welcome, St. Louis Family Church - Pastor Jeff Perry

Be prepared. It's not a pretty sight (or is that site!?:lol:).

I saw one citation that his brother is pastor of a church in Cedar Rapids, IA., although I haven't been able to verify that. Perhaps someone on the PB could tell us something about that.

Warner is certainly not a Reformed Christian, nor a 5-pointer, nor a person who could be part of the PB, but that doesn't make him a bad person. I like Warner. He is a humble, likable man, who is a fair quarterback. I wish him well in the Super Bowl.

Go Cards!

Speaking as a Browns who is by implication a Steelers hater:

GO CARDS! Warner would be much better suited for the ring.

Someone else who understands me! We Cowboy fans do not like to let someone else in front. Go Cards and Warner.:D

This Sabbath is to be kept holy unto the Lord when men, after a due preparing of their hearts, and ordering of their common affairs beforehand, do not only observe an holy rest all the day from their own works, words, and thoughts about their worldly employments and recreations; but also are taken up the whole time in the public and private exercises of his worship, and in the duties of necessity and mercy. [WCF XXI:8]
Sir respectfully it is quite tiresome that sabbatarians feel the need to hijack threads each and every time sports are discussed, if you disapprove of participating then I would prefer you refrained from participating as not every conscience is bound by your interpretation of the sabbath rest and I do not assert myself in sabbatarian threads decrying you as a legalist so I would appreciate a similar courtesy.

I resemble that remark! :oops: I guess this forum is not for me.

For Jessica and the other "Steeler" Fans...

[video=youtube;zyzG80vJXKU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyzG80vJXKU[/video]

-----Added 1/20/2009 at 06:32:15 EST-----

[video=youtube;wJtkJlXHOsM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJtkJlXHOsM[/video]

Maybe a little off topic from Pittsburgh football, but still a great video about NFL football. :eek:

[video=youtube;NHH-6ZQktRQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHH-6ZQktRQ[/video]

Have you guys seen the poster going around the interwebs that says...

Seventy percent of the world is covered by water,

the rest is covered by

Troy Polumalu

Have you guys seen the poster going around the interwebs that says...

Seventy percent of the world is covered by water,

the rest is covered by

Troy Polumalu

:lol:

He stopped in the Pittsburgh Childrens Hospital and visited with my little cousin who has cancer. It wasn't a make a wish, no one contacted him, etc. My aunt came into the room and there was this "big guy with a long pony tail" sitting on the side of his bed watching TV with him!

I've always been a fan of his, now I'm a big fan.

There are a lot of new Cardinal fans. Even in Arizona. I find it amazing how fickle some folks can be.

This Sabbath is to be kept holy unto the Lord when men, after a due preparing of their hearts, and ordering of their common affairs beforehand, do not only observe an holy rest all the day from their own works, words, and thoughts about their worldly employments and recreations; but also are taken up the whole time in the public and private exercises of his worship, and in the duties of necessity and mercy. [WCF XXI:8]​
Sir respectfully it is quite tiresome that sabbatarians feel the need to hijack threads each and every time sports are discussed, if you disapprove of participating then I would prefer you refrained from participating as not every conscience is bound by your interpretation of the sabbath rest and I do not assert myself in sabbatarian threads decrying you as a legalist so I would appreciate a similar courtesy.

I'll refrain from posting further on this thread after this comment.

Surprising on a forum named for the Puritans and where posts contrary to the Reformed Confessions are restricted, threads promoting and celebrating sin on a national scale, often by church sponsored events, posting a statement of a confessional standard results in an accusation of discourtesy. I didn’t “hijack” anything; but merely posted the words of the WCF without further comment, which would suggest the activity under discussion is contrary to a Reformed understanding of the Fourth Commandment.

I’ll abide by any ruling of the moderators regarding this. Are there threads where the interjection of theology is forbidden?

Glenn

The problem is that this issue has been debated/argued/etc. time and time again. I am certain you meant nothing by your post at all and I am certain most don't any time it comes up. However, it's come up so often that non-sabbatarians just get "fed up".

Now, this being the PURITAN board your view is the "accepted" view and promoted here heavily. However we don't restrict non-sabbatarians from discussing the NFL and other such things except on the Lord's day. They all know they are in a minority here and that Sabbatarians believe they are sinning.

What can we do, well my position is not one to enforce anything but if you want my opinion I feel a general statement that the board is by confession Sabbatarian but non Sabbatarians are permitted to discuss the NFL and other such things so far as they do not condemn Sabbath keeping or promote non Sabbatarianism out right (example: Calling Sabbath keepers legalistic, etc.)

It's that, or we start insisting all members be Sabbatarians.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back