Pope John Paul II's Will

Status
Not open for further replies.

pastorway

Puritan Board Senior
The Pope's will begins: (emphasis added)

The testament of 6.3.1979

Totus Tuus ego sum

In the Name of the Holiest Trinity. Amen.

"Keep watch, because you do not know which day when the Lord will come" "” These words remind me of the final call, which will come the moment that the Lord will choose. I desire to follow Him and desire that all that is part of my earthly life shall prepare me for this moment. I do not know when it will come, but, like all else, this moment too I place into the hands of the Mother of My Master: Totus Tuus. In the same maternal hands I place All those with whom my life and vocation are bound. Into these Hands I leave above all the Church, and also my Nation and all humanity. I thank everyone. To everyone I ask forgiveness. I also ask prayers, so that the Mercy of God will loom greater than my weakness and unworthiness.

To read the rest, if you so desire....

Text of Pope's Will

Phillip :tombstone:

I will say this - Protestants that still think that the RCC is teaching the true gospel sure have not been listening to the news this week!!!

Phillip :judge:

[Edited on 4-7-05 by pastorway]

Amen Phillip! Also I cringe as I hear on the mainstream news reports how PJPII's funeral has been scripted to show all watching how the RC church is a church for the entire world. It has been arranged such as it sounds like an advertising campaign! :banghead:

Originally posted by lwadkins
Amen Phillip! Also I cringe as I hear on the mainstream news reports how PJPII's funeral has been scripted to show all watching how the RC church is a church for the entire world. It has been arranged such as it sounds like an advertising campaign! :banghead:

Let me see: Karol's funeral trumps the prince's civil wedding; the civil-royal wedding trumps the national horse race the next day, but the horse race trumps the reception so that the queen can see it on TV instead, as well as the rest of the country; then who knows what trumps what? Maybe they'll have a leaders summit while everyone's conveniently together. Maybe the cardinals will get carried away and mistakenly elect Geroge Bush or Paul Martin as the new pope. Who knows?

Meanwhile all I want to see is that testimony from the Gomery Inquirey, to see what all the fuss is about. But I suspect that most of you haven't even heard of it.

On February 19, 2004, an Order in Council was issued defining the terms of reference for the Commission of Inquiry into the Sponsorship Program and Advertising Activities. Mr. Justice John H. Gomery was named Commissioner under Part I of the Inquiries Act.

According to the terms of reference, which are contained in the Order in Council, the Commission has been given a double mandate. The first requires the Commission to investigate and report on questions raised, directly or indirectly, by Chapters 3 and 4 of the November 2003 Report of the Auditor General of Canada. The second mandate calls upon the Commission to make recommendations to the Government of Canada, based upon its factual findings, to prevent mismanagement of sponsorship programs and advertising activities in the future

:D

Apparently, Lon, the testimony in question is somewhere posted on the I-net. Its on a conservative American webblog. I tried to do a google search on it, but figured that it will come out soon enough; I was just catering to my own curiosity. (Now I'm fishing, and I didn't mean to.)

Anyways, I listen to the news every night. And I find it quite humorous that Prince Charles has put off his wedding for one day for the sake of the funeral, but his mother, the queen, is upset that this interferes with her favourite horse race, and that this may break a long-standing royal tradition. In the meantime, the Liberal government in Canada is in trouble, but with the world's and Canada's attention on the funeral, it may just blow over because of inattention.

The States has rarely had a Catholic president. In fact, wasn't Kennedy the only one? But we have a long line of Catholic prime ministers. And our present on doesn't care a whit about Catholic stances on abortion or same-sex marriages. There has been talk about whether or not the RCC should take disciplinary action against him for his own stance and for what his government represents. Now he's on his way to Rome to pay respects to the deceased pontiff. We know that he doesn't respect him, nor even God.

So this is, to quote a famous playwrite, " much ado about nothing."

Originally posted by pastorway
I will say this - Protestants that still think that the RCC is teaching the true gospel sure have not been listening to the news this week!!!

I was recently in a forum where someone was praising all the good that JPll had done for Christians when someone came in and refuted that claim and you would have thought he cursed God himself by the anger and threats he received by Protestants no less.
What in the world is going on here when those who years ago would never have thought of defending the catholic Church are now it's biggest supporters. God help us.

Originally posted by Keylife_fan

I was recently in a forum where someone was praising all the good that JPll had done for Christians when someone came in and refuted that claim and you would have thought he cursed God himself by the anger and threats he received by Protestants no less.
What in the world is going on here when those who years ago would never have thought of defending the catholic Church are now it's biggest supporters. God help us.

I have also been arguing with protestants about catholics and the pope on another board.

Quotes from Fox News site:

Applause rang out in St. Peter's Square as John Paul's simple wooden coffin, adorned with a cross and the "M" for Mary, was brought out into the square

During the rite of Final Commendation and Farewell, the cardinals approach the coffin and the deacon calls all to prayer with the following words:

"Dear brothers and sisters let us entrust to the most gentle mercy of God, the soul of our Pope John Paul II. ... May the Blessed Virgin Mary ... intercede with God so that he might show the face of his blessed Son to our Pope, and console the church with the light of the resurrection."

They then sing the hymn, "Salve Regina."

Hail holy queen, mother of mercy,
Hail our life, our sweetness and our hope.
To you do we cry poor banished children of Eve,
To you do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping
in this valley of tears.
Turn then, most gracious advocate
your eyes of mercy toward us.
And after this, our exile,
Show us the fruit of your womb, Jesus.
O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary.

In the Washington DC area most public schools opened around 2 or 3 am in order to let students and their families gather in libraries and assembly halls to watch the Pope's funeral live on TV. Where is the ACLU when you need them? :banghead:

listening to all of this you'd think Mary was God......

The way some Mary worshippers at my office talk, Mary is the mother of God ... and God minds his Mommy. :mad:

Originally posted by lwadkins
They need to work on their advertising campaign a tad bit more. I'm part of the world, and as of yet I haven't seen how the RC church is for me.

Looking forward to the time when all this talk about the pope's death will be ancient history,

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back