Prayer and Praise

Status
Not open for further replies.

BJClark

Puritan Board Doctor
Church was awesome this morning, but yet, I sat in tears listening to the one of our Missionaries.

They are missionaries in a small country in the Middle East, that is seldom mentioned by name because of the danger it places them in.

But they were telling the story of a young teenage girl who was at her son's birthday party a few weeks ago, and seen Bibles sitting on the shelf, the young teen asked if she could have one of them. To which she said YES!! The young girl ran into the other room filled with Muslim women yelling "I HAVE A BIBLE!!" "I HAVE A BIBLE!!" An arguement of course ensued among the Muslim women, about how the BIble is full of lies.

Yet, that did not disuade this young girl, who held on to her new bible like a precious treasure, she took it home and read the ENTIRE NEW TESTAMENT within the First week. And called the Missionary wife to ask questions. She accepted Christ as Her Savior.

I sat crying as I listened to this, knowing that the teens in America don't get excited about getting a Bible, not even for Christmas, and to have one sit down and read the entire New Testament is certainly unheard of in this Country.

Most teens and even Adults in our country can't even give God ONE HOUR a week on Sunday Mornings. And you can forget about reading their Bibles once they actually leave church if they do go.

It just really made me sad for our Country, and I just sit praying for our Nation today as God is reaching out, trying to call us back to Him.

[Edited on 9-11-2005 by BJClark]
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top