Prayer Journals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete Williamson

Puritan Board Freshman
Curious if any of you keep a prayer journal of some kind and if so, would you be willing to share how you set it up? The more details the better.

I did so for a couple of years. I committed to 4 prayers each for the 11 people in my house. Ultimately, I stopped in favor of some other devotional practices. If nothing else it makes for an awesome resource when considering what the Lord has been doing in your life.

I don't just use a prayer journal - I keep a regular journal/diary as well. I write down anything on my mind and I plan on leaving these writings to my family.

As far as the prayers, I have a whole list of things I regularly pray for, and then people I pray for. I mainly pray for things that I have a promise in the Bible to hold on to, mainly spiritual things. As for the people, I pray for each member of our church by name, and then family, and people at my job, etc. I tend to use the ACTS acronym.

Here is a taste of how I have written in the journal. It has been very beneficial to my spiritual life - maybe you would be blessed by doing something similar.

The following entries are written by me in hopes to express outwardly, what the Lord is working within me. He has given me many deep and loving thoughts, which I desire to have on paper - thoughts about Himself, my wife, and my son, primarily. It is my hope, that upon reading these, my wife and son will be assisted to see my great love and care for them, and that their desire for God would be increased, and also, that whoever else reads these, their soul will greatly benefit from them. May the Lord be glorified through these writings.

March 10, 2016 – Thursday

Lord of mercy, and Lord of love, I know You are the one and only true God. I thank You so deeply and so richly, for all things You have given me. O how I do not deserve any of these blessings. May I fear You for giving them to me, and never be tempted to forget You.

Amber and Noah, I love you so much. You have brought me so much joy, that words could not properly express my gratitude for you. Amber, you have been a wonderful wife and mother. Noah, you have been the most excellent son. May we always abide in the Lord, and abide as a family together, for His service.

March 11, 2016 – Friday

I am currently in the middle of experiencing sadness and joy, at the same time. Life if tragic, but it is beautiful; it is filled with much vanity, but there is much sentimentality; there is a longing to be delivered from this body and world of death, but there is a calm peace which runs through my soul. Lord, I know You have given me many things to enjoy in this world, but You are my one true joy. Your truth and the proper worship of You is what I long for. Please show me how to live a life of complete truth, to hate sin, and to pursue my heavenly home in which I have been called to.

My family, I love you with an everlasting love. As I am reminded of much of my life I have lived in the past, I rejoice in the hope that the Lord will protect us from the sorrows and sin I faced many years ago. May He bless us richly, as we seek His glory and honor in all things. May He keep us so close to each other, and may we be sheltered from all evil. May we never know a day without His great assurance of His love and providential care for us. May we always know our God as a God of faithfulness to our family. May the sickness, pain, and misery which sin brings, never creep its way into our lives. I love you so much, my sweet family. May the Lord bless us.

Not on a daily basis. I do write down specific requests and come back months later to see if God answered them.

To the OP I keep a prayer journal. I just write to God in a letter form what is on my heart. I felt guilty about it first. Now I do not as I am better at writing what is on my heart than saying it. I hope this helps. God bless you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back