Pro-choice "Christians" ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chattel Slavery and Abortion are tied together by the same evil threads - denial of the value of a human being and racism. Margaret Sanger who founded Planned Parenthood wanted to use abortion for eugenics. In promoting birth control, she advanced a controversial "Negro Project," She even spoke to the Klu Klux Klan. She advocated for a eugenics approach to breeding the human population and to quote her - “the gradual suppression, elimination and eventual extinction, of defective stocks — those human weeds which threaten the blooming of the finest flowers of American civilization.” Her views in this regard are appalling. But this is how abortion got started.
I don't doubt this, but quoting sources is usually helpful.

Last edited:
I don't doubt this, but quoting sources is usually helpful.
I found these by googling Margaret Sanger and eugenics.

She recounted this event in her autobiography: "I accepted an invitation to talk to the women's branch of the Ku Klux Klan ... I saw through the door dim figures parading with banners and illuminated crosses ...In a letter to Clarence Gable in 1939, Sanger wrote: "We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population, and the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members" (Margaret Sanger commenting on the 'Negro Project' in a letter to Gamble, Dec. 10, 1939).
And
“Birth Control is not contraception indiscriminately and thoughtlessly practiced. It means the release and cultivation of the better racial elements in our society, and the gradual suppression, elimination and eventual extirpation of defective stocks — those human weeds which threaten the blooming of the finest flowers of American civilization.”
Just detestable. There is plenty of evidence she was a reprehensible person.

There are all sorts of people in the West who profess Christ; pro abortion, pro gay marriage, pro feminism etc. Not to mention the near militant antinomian stance against Sabbath keeping. It would seem there are more false believers in the US than regenerate ones, so this should come to no surprise, sadly.

The only upside to the post Christian society is that Christ is cleansing His bride. As it becomes more inconvenient to profess Christ, the false ones will stop. We will know them by their fruit.

So, naming your daughter, say, Diana, after she is born is no different from killing her before she is born???

There are the names we use that just so happen to have their origin (oftentimes unbeknownst to the average person) in pagan usage; I don't quibble about that... but there are times when a person intentionally names their child after a pagan deity. That's heathenism. It's infidelity to the God of hosts, to intentionally take the name of a different God and implicitly honor "it" by naming your child after it. In similar vein, to be a Christian and believe one is free to kill an unborn child is likewise infidelity to the God of hosts. Both are denials that being one of God's people has attendant behaviors and moral norms.

There are the names we use that just so happen to have their origin (oftentimes unbeknownst to the average person) in pagan usage; I don't quibble about that... but there are times when a person intentionally names their child after a pagan deity. That's heathenism. It's infidelity to the God of hosts, to intentionally take the name of a different God and implicitly honor "it" by naming your child after it. In similar vein, to be a Christian and believe one is free to kill an unborn child is likewise infidelity to the God of hosts. Both are denials that being one of God's people has attendant behaviors and moral norms.

Thanks for clarifying!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back