Problem Opening GramCord Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marrow Man

Drunk with Powder
I have version of GramCord I purchased several years about (around 2002-2003). It has been a very useful program, but sometimes there are glitches/bugs associated with it. For the past two days, I've tried opening it, but I get the following Window which opens

Application Error: Not enough space for environment

I had this happen before when I had the program loaded on an old desktop (running Windows 98 and later upgraded to XP). Now I have it install on the laptop (Vista). I realize that probably no one else is using this program, but I am wondering if anyone has any ideas, or if this is a Windows problem, or what. I realize I could uninstall/reinstall the program, but that will take time and I wanted to try other options first.

You will probably need something like DOSBox to run this. It is usually an error associated with DOS based programs that require more heap space that the typical DOS command prompt environment supports.

Alternatively, if there some config file associated with the program containing a line like the following:

C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND.COM

Change it to read:

C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND.COM /e:2048

This adjusts the command environment from its typical 64K to 2048K. This value can be increased upward if needed.

Oh, snap! Just saw this:

Downloading Updates For Your GRAMCORD Institute Software

There is a section describing a fix to the issue on this page.

AMR

Thanks, friend. I should have checked for that first. Before when I had this problem, I couldn't find anything on the site and they didn't respond to my emails, so I didn't check there first this time.

The fix you linked opens the program, but only when I run that program first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back