Puritan Reformed Biblical Seminary

Status
Not open for further replies.

rafaelferreira

Puritan Board Freshman
I would like to know talk with any student from the Puritan Reformed Biblical Seminary.
I am considering applying to M.Div. degree for next year.
I am a Brazilian Baptist church member since my childhood. The majority of theological schools here are completely immersed in the theological liberalism, as well as distant from historical baptist roots established on the 1689 London Confession of Faith. In addition, the cost at famous seminaries in the US is extremely expensive (same in online courses, which don't allow any kind of scholarship), whereas my church cannot support this robustness theological education.
Whereas I am considering pursuing a bi-vocational ministry, with a focus on preaching and teaching biblical studies keeping an apologetical approach (I am finishing my graduate studies in Physics from a Brazilian public university accredited by Federal government).
Considering that, several questions arise:

1) How is being this educational preparation, in this seminary?
2)
Looking at the syllabus of the degrees, apparently, it is so much endeavor and a robustness program. In my case, I am not able to attend the presential class, as well as synchronous class. It appears very good to me, taking into account my other professional duties. How is the relationship with the mentor/advisor? The expected time limits are adequate to finish the courses?
3) Another option maybe
The North American Reformed Seminary, however, I haven't any mentor available now. Would be better to apply there also?

Last edited:
I would like to know talk with any student from the Puritan Reformed Biblical Seminary.
I am considering applying to M.Div. degree for next year.
I am a Brazilian Baptist church member since my childhood. The majority of theological schools here are completely immersed in the theological liberalism, as well as distant from historical baptist roots established on the 1689 London Confession of Faith. In addition, the cost at famous seminaries in the US is extremely expensive (same in online courses, which don't allow any kind of scholarship), whereas my church cannot support this robustness theological education.
Whereas I am considering pursuing a bi-vocational ministry, with a focus on preaching and teaching biblical studies keeping an apologetical approach (I am a Ph.D. candidate in Physics from a Brazilian public university accredited by Federal government).
Considering that, several questions arise:

1) How is being this educational preparation, in this seminary?
2)
Looking at the syllabus of the degrees, apparently, it is so much endeavor and a robustness program. In my case, I am not able to attend the presential class, as well as synchronous class. It appears very good to me, taking into account my other professional duties. How is the relationship with the mentor/advisor? The expected time limits are adequate to finish the courses?
3) Another option maybe
The North American Reformed Seminary, however, I haven't any mentor available now. Would be better to apply there also?

The name sounds familiar.

Also, you need to add your signature per the board rules.

Just to make sure, you're not referring to Puritan Reformed Theological are you? That's the one that the Rev. Joel Beeke is associated with.

Just to make sure, you're not referring to Puritan Reformed Theological are you? That's the one that the Rev. Joel Beeke is associated with.

I was also confused when I clicked this thread.

He is not referring to my neighbor down the hall. It appears this a new seminary in India.

Fun fact, Puritan Reformed Theological Seminary just celebrated 25 years.

Puritan Reformed Theological is different from Puritan Reformed Biblical. They are separate organizations.

Seminário Teológico Reformado Puritano não é Seminário Bíblico Reformado Puritano. Eles estão separados.

YES, We are talking about PRBS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back