Puritan Sermon Commentary - In the Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

davejonescue

Puritan Board Junior
Hello. As I was working with the Puritan texts tonight the idea came across me of kind of a yearning I have had for sometime; and that is how to create a Puritan Commentary on Scripture. For my ability, it is well beyond my means to dig deep into each Puritan text searching for illusions and explanations of specific texts...but, with the organization power of Zotero, I can easily create a sermon commentary from the almost 5,500 Puritan and Non-Conformist works I have linked. So, this is the plan. On the surface, so far, Zotero is telling me there are about 1800 sermons within the collection; while some of the works will have multiple sermons; I think it quite feasible to slowly, and patiently go through the 1800, link them broken up by book and chapter, then go back and put them by verse while creating volumes for the commentary. While I hardly doubt this will be a verse by verse, I am assuming over the span of 1800+ sermons, much of the Bible will be covered. If nothing else, it will allow me to create a sermon collection, in scripture order, for better organization. I do plan to publish the e-books of these at no cost. So, this may take a year, or two; but to just let you guys know it is in the works for yall that may like something like this. God Bless.

Just for a quick update and to give some perspective; the Cripplegate Volumes have 171 Sermons. I am already at 175 Sermons linked to different Bible books out of 1795 or so; and this is with dismissing the works that are multi-sermon expositions of a single book for now. I really think this is going to be an awesome work; plus paired with the corrective power of Project Puritas' script and word dataset (Hopefully.) I really think this will be the closest we have come to a Puritan & Non-Conformist Commentary on Scripture. Praise Jesus.

purcom4.jpg

purcom2.jpg

purcom3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back