Athaleyah
Puritan Board Sophomore
Mat 23:9 And call no man your father on earth, for you have one Father, who is in heaven.
I may be being too literal, but this verse has made me wonder if I should call my earthly father "father." Was this referring to calling someone "father" like RCs call their priests? I notice that the previous verse mentions that the disciples are not to be called "rabbi." This is probably the answer, but I just want to be sure. I mean if I need to call my dad "hey you," I will.
Thanks.
I may be being too literal, but this verse has made me wonder if I should call my earthly father "father." Was this referring to calling someone "father" like RCs call their priests? I notice that the previous verse mentions that the disciples are not to be called "rabbi." This is probably the answer, but I just want to be sure. I mean if I need to call my dad "hey you," I will.
Thanks.
