Question RE: Matthew Henry Commenatries

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolaGratia

Puritan Board Junior
Does any one know what is the difference (test layout ?) between the one volume unabridged edition to the 6 volume also unabridged edition (both published by Hendrickson)?

-Thanks
 
One version is one volume. The other version is six volumes. :D

The six-volume Hendricksen set (which I have) has been completely reset in a modern typeface. Not sure about the type in the one volume.

Content, of course, is exactly the same.
 
One version is one volume. The other version is six volumes. :D

The six-volume Hendricksen set (which I have) has been completely reset in a modern typeface. Not sure about the type in the one volume.

Content, of course, is exactly the same.

I have an older one-volume unabridged version that is a treasure - but I think the typeface is such that poor Richard couldn't read it ;) (I barely can, and I'm only 38) :cool:
 
One version is one volume. The other version is six volumes. :D

The six-volume Hendricksen set (which I have) has been completely reset in a modern typeface. Not sure about the type in the one volume.

Content, of course, is exactly the same.

I have an older one-volume unabridged version that is a treasure - but I think the typeface is such that poor Richard couldn't read it ;) (I barely can, and I'm only 38) :cool:

:ditto:

The main difference between the 6 vol. and the 1 vol. is that the 6 volume contains the entire text of the KJV whereas the 1 vol only has the commentary. I sold my 1 vol last year because I found the print too small to read for prolonged periods.
 
If the 6-volume set does contain the full KJV, then by all means I'd get that one. I like the handiness of my 1 volume version, despite the 5.5pt font, but if it had the full Bible text in it also, I'd like it even more. Do get one or the other, though - the concise version isn't nearly as edifying as the full.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top