Readers Bibles

Do you use a readers Bible?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've created several of my own on Kindle by just stripping out heading, verse numbers, footnotes. and such with regular expression search and replace.

I used the One Year Bible each year in a different translation each year, until I read through them at about the same time personal computers hit the market. I highly recommend reading through a chronological arrangement of Scripture for daily reading a few times, and several options of those are now available.

I have an old KJV reader's bible and Bibliotheca, but despite the best intentions, still just use my verse by verse KJV and NKJV bibles for the bulk of my reading.

I have a copy of the 6-volume ESV Reader's Bible that I sometimes make use of. Since I've been doing the M'Cheyne reading plan this year I've needed chapters and so been using my NKJV Schuyler Quental instead.

Schuyler Treveris
I had not seen this before. It looks very nice. I always liked the ESV published by Crossway with wide margins that put the headings in the margins to keep the text free from anything but the versification for similar reasons.

I had not seen this before. It looks very nice. I always liked the ESV published by Crossway with wide margins that put the headings in the margins to keep the text free from anything but the versification for similar reasons.
thats the Legacy; check out also the Heritage

I have readers bibles in a couple versions and they are exciting at first but have quickly lost their luster on grounds of practicality. They end up on the basement shelf after a short while but the marketing people got their money so I guess they served their purpose.

I get the point behind them, and I've used one in the past, but my own experience has been that the supposed increase in readability from a regular reference Bible is greatly exaggerated. I find that I can read a reference Bible just about as smoothly, and I get the added benefit of the helps the reference Bible provides. Perhaps for some it makes a bigger difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back