ReformedWiki.org

Status
Not open for further replies.

brantleyrider

Puritan Board Freshman
I am unaware of any active wikis for Reformed theology (that are community editable), so I started ReformedWiki.org which uses the MediaWiki software (the same engine that powers Wikipedia and many other wikis. This same project also has the "Reformed" wiki on Fandom: https://reformed.fandom.com (acquired it after submitting a support request due to a very inactive and unrelated wiki with no content was sitting on that namespace).

Hopefully this will be helpful, if anyone wants to make Wiki articles to document anything and everything about or related to Reformed theology, they can (whereas sites like Wikipedia have stricter article and references criteria, among other issues).

Those interested in applying to join the Board of Administrators for this wiki can do so using this form: https://admin.reformedwiki.org

Thank you and SDG!
 

Attachments

  • REFORMED WIKI ORG wide white big inside square.png
    REFORMED WIKI ORG wide white big inside square.png
    34.8 KB · Views: 2
We could work on this project also in Spanish? for the Hispanic church.
Hola! So this project is going to be similar to Wikipedia since it uses MediaWiki, and there are different languages on Wikipedia, but I am not sure if these are being hosted on separate subdomains and managed separately OR (from a quick search I just did) if there is an extension that would just give multi-language support without doing separately managed subdomains. I think there are also extensions that do translations automatically.

I would definitely be willing to give subdomains of ReformedWiki.org so for example the Spanish language could have their own instance on es.ReformedWiki.org

But there would need to be some Spanish speaker(s) who would need to build everything for that MediaWiki from the ground up and manage it separately, and I can give them some advice but it is quite an effort if you want to do it correctly.

Alternatively, you could get your own whole domain and do something similar (RefomadoWiki?) to what I have done (and I would be glad to put a list of other language wikis in the sidebar to point to such separate subdomains or other domains).


Feel free to email or send a Google/Zoom Meet if you want to discuss further: [email protected]
 
Hola! So this project is going to be similar to Wikipedia since it uses MediaWiki, and there are different languages on Wikipedia, but I am not sure if these are being hosted on separate subdomains and managed separately OR (from a quick search I just did) if there is an extension that would just give multi-language support without doing separately managed subdomains. I think there are also extensions that do translations automatically.

I would definitely be willing to give subdomains of ReformedWiki.org so for example the Spanish language could have their own instance on es.ReformedWiki.org

But there would need to be some Spanish speaker(s) who would need to build everything for that MediaWiki from the ground up and manage it separately, and I can give them some advice but it is quite an effort if you want to do it correctly.

Alternatively, you could get your own whole domain and do something similar (RefomadoWiki?) to what I have done (and I would be glad to put a list of other language wikis in the sidebar to point to such separate subdomains or other domains).


Feel free to email or send a Google/Zoom Meet if you want to discuss further: [email protected]
Brother, I know a Spanish speaking brother who develops software. I could mention it to him
 
Does anyone know anything about who runs https://www.theopedia.com/ ? They seem to be from a Reformed perspective.
The guy is Aaron Shafovaloff (on Facebook, and I have his contact # as well) and he is a Reformed Baptist. But it is simply a theology wiki that does not use MediaWiki (and is not really all that active)

Brother, I know a Spanish speaking brother who develops software. I could mention it to him
Great! Would be glad to help the Spanish or other speakers setup a similar project or support for their language on my project ✝️ feel free to send him my way! God bless
 
Hola! So this project is going to be similar to Wikipedia since it uses MediaWiki, and there are different languages on Wikipedia, but I am not sure if these are being hosted on separate subdomains and managed separately OR (from a quick search I just did) if there is an extension that would just give multi-language support without doing separately managed subdomains. I think there are also extensions that do translations automatically.

I would definitely be willing to give subdomains of ReformedWiki.org so for example the Spanish language could have their own instance on es.ReformedWiki.org

But there would need to be some Spanish speaker(s) who would need to build everything for that MediaWiki from the ground up and manage it separately, and I can give them some advice but it is quite an effort if you want to do it correctly.

Alternatively, you could get your own whole domain and do something similar (RefomadoWiki?) to what I have done (and I would be glad to put a list of other language wikis in the sidebar to point to such separate subdomains or other domains).


Feel free to email or send a Google/Zoom Meet if you want to discuss further: [email protected]

Brother, I have basic programming skills, so I could also work on that. The goal would be to create a subdomain, es.reformedwiki.org. I could even set it up on my hosting, or if you prefer, I could also purchase a main domain for it. The purpose is to translate the English entries into Spanish.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top