Refrigerator Leaking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semper Fidelis

2 Timothy 2:24-25
Staff member
Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix my refrigerator from leaking? Every morning I have some water that is dripping from the freezer into the refrigerator and onto the floor.
 
Is it the gasket? It seems like air may getting in, and this creates a condensation problem, as the temp regulator works overtime. Look all around for a piece of plastic bag not staying inboard (or suchlike).

Depending on the age of the machine, it could be pooping out too. Is the freezer number set properly?
 
Buying a new refrigerator is not in the budget right now.
Is it the gasket? It seems like air may getting in, and this creates a condensation problem, as the temp regulator works overtime. Look all around for a piece of plastic bag not staying inboard (or suchlike).

Depending on the age of the machine, it could be pooping out too. Is the freezer number set properly?

Seal is good. I actually found a trick where I added some petroleum jelly to keep it from popping open when the bottom door was shut.

Freezer number is good. Things in freezer are staying frozen.

I found something online where a fellow took apart his freezer and used warm liquid to clear a drain hole. I was able to take it mostly apart and see the drain hole but it didn't look clogged. I even suspected that the ice maker might be leaking so I turned off the water but it still is dripping.

I'm wondering if I just need to transfer everything out and let the thing dethaw to get all the ice out of the freezer that's formed where it doesn't belong.
 
Check to see if you have an 'energy saver' switch - (labeled 'power miser switch' on my pre- energy standard Kenmore). Saving energy can lead to more condensation in the refrigerator.

Is the unit a 'frost free' unit, or is it one that you need to defrost on a seasonal basis?
 
Hi Rich. When I lived in Queensland we had problems with humidity which caused problems with our fridge, and it was a new one too. The humidity would make the pipes or whatever block up, freeze, too much moisture in the air, and things would not work properly. If there is a lot of visible ice in the freezer, that's often/always going to create a problem sooner or later. Id try turning it off for several hours.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top