Reminder about the War on Terror

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herald

Administrator
Staff member
This is not directed at those of you who may be conspiracy theorists and believe the arrests in England yesterday of 21 Muslim terrorists was a fabrication in order to boost support for George W. Bush. You're the same type that believe the movies "Capricorn One" and "Wag the Dog." No, this is for the rest of us.

The war on terror is real and will be with us for a long time. After the Iraq situation is long gone and our troops home, we will still be fighting the war on terror. I honestly do believe this is WW III. As Americans we get lulled into the belief that the absence of conflict is peace. Americans need to wake up. The enemy is at our doorstep. Believe it or not, we were safer during the coldwar than we are now.
 
Grace Baptist Church in Odenton? Is it associated with Grace Baptist Church in Bowie? I live two miles from Odenton. :up:
 
Originally posted by LAYMAN JOE
Grace Baptist Church in Odenton? Is it associated with Grace Baptist Church in Bowie? I live two miles from Odenton. :up:

Joe, we were founded by Grace Baptist Church of Bowie. The difference between us and GBC of Bowie is that we are a solidly Reformed in our theology. We are completely independent of GBC of Bowie.
 
Where was america when it had abortion at the door step? or the drug problem? or all the false idols?

Dont get me wrong I believe there is most defientelly a threat from the islamic terrorists.

But look at all these terrorist groups http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorist_groups its been a problem for a long time men doing these evil things have been going on and is nothing new.

Just because terrorism is here does not mean we just rush off invade whomever we choose and fight wars wherever we choose.

Should go stop hindi terrorists?? or what about catholic terrorist's??

blade
 
Originally posted by Bladestunner316
Where was america when it had abortion at the door step? or the drug problem? or all the false idols?
Yeah, Nathan is right. We're winning the war against Al-Qaeda, but we're losing against Al-Sharpton.
:D
 
Originally posted by BaptistInCrisis
This is not directed at those of you who may be conspiracy theorists and believe the arrests in England yesterday of 21 Muslim terrorists was a fabrication in order to boost support for George W. Bush. You're the same type that believe the movies "Capricorn One" and "Wag the Dog." No, this is for the rest of us.

The war on terror is real and will be with us for a long time. After the Iraq situation is long gone and our troops home, we will still be fighting the war on terror. I honestly do believe this is WW III. As Americans we get lulled into the belief that the absence of conflict is peace. Americans need to wake up. The enemy is at our doorstep. Believe it or not, we were safer during the coldwar than we are now.

Bill, this is probably WWIV since the Cold War was WWIII.? :2cents:

I'm with you Bill. I just don't hope that Kerry doesn't get the Presidency. Remember that he said that the Hizbollah / Israeli conflict would not have happened under his presidency. OKAY, sKerry - uh, it has been happening since Moses / Joshua and all of the sudden, you're going to stop it.?
 
When will we realize that not only will this war on terror not be won, but that it is, by definition, unwinnable?

We are not fighting an invasion or an occupation, we are fighting an ideology. A hatred. A worldview.

And every physical action we take against them in invasion or occupation or bombing does absolutely nothing but reinforce the very same worldview we seek to eradicate. And strengthens it. And then spreads it to all those who did not hate us before we 'accidentally' killed their family. For every dead terrorist, we'll get two more live ones.

Little boys know far more about this than all our foreign-policy makers. When the kid goes out and, because of his curiousity, ego, and meddling in affairs not his own, decides to kick a hornets nest for fun - he knows that he can't win the battle, once begun, by repeatedly kicking the hornet's nest.

What we should have learned from history: Guerillas win guerilla wars. Insurgents win insurgent wars. And terrorists will win wars on terror.

We will continue to throw trillions of dollars, and many lives, at this problem only to see it progressively worsen and harm the safety of the American people.

They don't hate us for our freedoms. They don't hate us for our values. They don't hate us for our rock and roll. They don't hate us for our wealth.

They hate us for our enforcement of our will in the region at gunpoint. They hate us for imposing on them as outsiders. They hate us for breaking down their doors and telling them how to run their house. They hate us killing their wives, children, brothers, fathers, and calling it "collateral damage" that's well worth the cost because we're getting what we want in the end.

And dare I say it? That hatred is not unreasonable at all.

And we'll continue to reinforce and fuel it to our own peril.

[Edited on 8-11-2006 by smhbbag]
 
The War on Terror (TM) is a religious war.

Too bad Christianity doesn't actually have a dog in this fight.
 
The analogy of abortion, drugs and false idols is irrelevant to Islamic terrorism.

You, as an individual, have direct control over the matters listed. You have a will to choose in these specific matters and God holds you accountable to your decisions. At the family level (God´s basic level of government), idol worship, drug use and abortion are within your scope of responsibility. You are to take heed to yourself and your family in these matters.

Islamic terrorism is a threat to you as an individual, your family and US national security. Protection of the people is the goal. You, as an individual, do not have direct control over the matter and you need a higher entity to protect you from such. You have no decision making responsibility when it comes to Islamic terrorists slaughtering your family (there is no action required on your part other than to observe the murder).

The Catholic and Hindi terrorists are also not a direct threat to you, your family or US national security. Invasion by the US has a direct national interest. We have no interest in Hindi or Catholic terrorist cells (at this time in history).

The war on terrorism may in fact never be won. There will always be terrorists. Justice is part of the issue. Standing up to the matter is also part of the issue. Governments may think twice about terror encouragement when it knows there will be swift and deadly repercussion (Afghanistan is an example to all).

A bully on the playground will think twice if he knows your son will always strike back violently (even when your son looses the fight).

[Edited on 8-14-2006 by Texas Aggie]
 
I'll just throw in my 2 cents, though I'm becoming more disinterested in politics the older I get. Islamic terror is a real threat as we all agree. And I certainly agree that our political meddling and "colateral damage" over time has incited some further hatred of us. But let us not forget the militaristic nature of Islam. At it's very beginning, Islam was opposed to Christianity (or anything claiming to be Christian) and sought it's destruction or subjugation. The "radicals" today are simply continuing what Mohammad started, a fight to subdue the world to Isalm. And geographically, it's working. Much of Africa has fallen prey as well as a good portion of Asia, and it would appear Europe is next on the list. It's only a matter of time before they would be at our door as well whether we meddled in their affairs or not. I think the error of modern secular thought is that somehow the back of Islam can be broken by militaristic intervention or diplomatic negotiation. It can't. Only the gospel can change such hardened hearts. Fascism and Communism were not destroyed by the US. Only their modern proponents were destroyed. The philosophies are alive and well, adopted in a great measure by the Islamic countries and China, but also gradually poisoning our own wells here at home too thanks to our university idealogs and liberal media types. These false utopias can only be conquered by the gospel. A military defeat may bring a temporary delay, but only a lasting change of mind to the gospel will bring true peace. Our true soldiers on the ground are the missionaries in those hardened lands.
:2cents:
 
"For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds." II Cor.10:4
 
Originally posted by Puritan Sailor
I'll just throw in my 2 cents, though I'm becoming more disinterested in politics the older I get. Islamic terror is a real threat as we all agree. And I certainly agree that our political meddling and "colateral damage" over time has incited some further hatred of us. But let us not forget the militaristic nature of Islam. At it's very beginning, Islam was opposed to Christianity (or anything claiming to be Christian) and sought it's destruction or subjugation. The "radicals" today are simply continuing what Mohammad started, a fight to subdue the world to Isalm. And geographically, it's working. Much of Africa has fallen prey as well as a good portion of Asia, and it would appear Europe is next on the list. It's only a matter of time before they would be at our door as well whether we meddled in their affairs or not. I think the error of modern secular thought is that somehow the back of Islam can be broken by militaristic intervention or diplomatic negotiation. It can't. Only the gospel can change such hardened hearts. Fascism and Communism were not destroyed by the US. Only their modern proponents were destroyed. The philosophies are alive and well, adopted in a great measure by the Islamic countries and China, but also gradually poisoning our own wells here at home too thanks to our university idealogs and liberal media types. These false utopias can only be conquered by the gospel. A military defeat may bring a temporary delay, but only a lasting change of mind to the gospel will bring true peace. Our true soldiers on the ground are the missionaries in those hardened lands.
:2cents:

:ditto: Very nicely put.
 
Originally posted by govols
Originally posted by BaptistInCrisis
This is not directed at those of you who may be conspiracy theorists and believe the arrests in England yesterday of 21 Muslim terrorists was a fabrication in order to boost support for George W. Bush. You're the same type that believe the movies "Capricorn One" and "Wag the Dog." No, this is for the rest of us.

The war on terror is real and will be with us for a long time. After the Iraq situation is long gone and our troops home, we will still be fighting the war on terror. I honestly do believe this is WW III. As Americans we get lulled into the belief that the absence of conflict is peace. Americans need to wake up. The enemy is at our doorstep. Believe it or not, we were safer during the coldwar than we are now.

Bill, this is probably WWIV since the Cold War was WWIII.? :2cents:

I'm with you Bill. I just don't hope that Kerry doesn't get the Presidency. Remember that he said that the Hizbollah / Israeli conflict would not have happened under his presidency. OKAY, sKerry - uh, it has been happening since Moses / Joshua and all of the sudden, you're going to stop it.?

Is Bush going to stop it?
 
Originally posted by smhbbag
When will we realize that not only will this war on terror not be won, but that it is, by definition, unwinnable?

I'm thankful that we have the freedom to have this opinion here as I was once on a different Christian site where I said the same thing and you wouldn't believe the anger that was directed at me. I agree with you.

We are not fighting an invasion or an occupation, we are fighting an ideology. A hatred. A worldview.

And wordly weapons absolutely cannot destroy a hatred or a world view. You are so correct.

And every physical action we take against them in invasion or occupation or bombing does absolutely nothing but reinforce the very same worldview we seek to eradicate. And strengthens it. And then spreads it to all those who did not hate us before we 'accidentally' killed their family. For every dead terrorist, we'll get two more live ones.

Hence the fact the war on terror is going to be "long, hard work" eh? It will never end. This is the world we live in (to quote Phil Collins).

Little boys know far more about this than all our foreign-policy makers. When the kid goes out and, because of his curiousity, ego, and meddling in affairs not his own, decides to kick a hornets nest for fun - he knows that he can't win the battle, once begun, by repeatedly kicking the hornet's nest.

What we should have learned from history: Guerillas win guerilla wars. Insurgents win insurgent wars. And terrorists will win wars on terror.

You'd "think" we'd learn this from history.

We will continue to throw trillions of dollars, and many lives, at this problem only to see it progressively worsen and harm the safety of the American people.

Yep. This is not meant in any disrespect towards the soldiers (I was a soldier myself), but this war is just not going to be won. They are doing what they're told to do, but it's just not going to be won.

They don't hate us for our freedoms. They don't hate us for our values. They don't hate us for our rock and roll. They don't hate us for our wealth.

And contrary to some people's beliefs, they don't hate you because you're "Americans" as well.

They hate us for our enforcement of our will in the region at gunpoint. They hate us for imposing on them as outsiders. They hate us for breaking down their doors and telling them how to run their house. They hate us killing their wives, children, brothers, fathers, and calling it "collateral damage" that's well worth the cost because we're getting what we want in the end.

And dare I say it? That hatred is not unreasonable at all.

And we'll continue to reinforce and fuel it to our own peril.

Lord come quickly.

[Edited on 8-11-2006 by smhbbag]

[Edited on 8-13-2006 by BaptistCanuk]
 
Originally posted by BaptistCanuk
Originally posted by govols
Originally posted by BaptistInCrisis
This is not directed at those of you who may be conspiracy theorists and believe the arrests in England yesterday of 21 Muslim terrorists was a fabrication in order to boost support for George W. Bush. You're the same type that believe the movies "Capricorn One" and "Wag the Dog." No, this is for the rest of us.

The war on terror is real and will be with us for a long time. After the Iraq situation is long gone and our troops home, we will still be fighting the war on terror. I honestly do believe this is WW III. As Americans we get lulled into the belief that the absence of conflict is peace. Americans need to wake up. The enemy is at our doorstep. Believe it or not, we were safer during the coldwar than we are now.

Bill, this is probably WWIV since the Cold War was WWIII.? :2cents:

I'm with you Bill. I just don't hope that Kerry doesn't get the Presidency. Remember that he said that the Hizbollah / Israeli conflict would not have happened under his presidency. OKAY, sKerry - uh, it has been happening since Moses / Joshua and all of the sudden, you're going to stop it.?

Is Bush going to stop it?

Can't find where I stated that in there. I was just pointing out what sKerry said. No one is going to stop it but for someone to say that it wouldn't have happened if I were in charge is plain stupid. I would say that if Bush said it too, or you or me.
 
Originally posted by govols
Originally posted by BaptistCanuk
Originally posted by govols
Originally posted by BaptistInCrisis
This is not directed at those of you who may be conspiracy theorists and believe the arrests in England yesterday of 21 Muslim terrorists was a fabrication in order to boost support for George W. Bush. You're the same type that believe the movies "Capricorn One" and "Wag the Dog." No, this is for the rest of us.

The war on terror is real and will be with us for a long time. After the Iraq situation is long gone and our troops home, we will still be fighting the war on terror. I honestly do believe this is WW III. As Americans we get lulled into the belief that the absence of conflict is peace. Americans need to wake up. The enemy is at our doorstep. Believe it or not, we were safer during the coldwar than we are now.

Bill, this is probably WWIV since the Cold War was WWIII.? :2cents:

I'm with you Bill. I just don't hope that Kerry doesn't get the Presidency. Remember that he said that the Hizbollah / Israeli conflict would not have happened under his presidency. OKAY, sKerry - uh, it has been happening since Moses / Joshua and all of the sudden, you're going to stop it.?

Is Bush going to stop it?

Can't find where I stated that in there. I was just pointing out what sKerry said. No one is going to stop it but for someone to say that it wouldn't have happened if I were in charge is plain stupid. I would say that if Bush said it too, or you or me.

I realize you didn't state that. I just asked the question but thank you for clarifying it. It is good that you would be consistent.:handshake:
 
Originally posted by BaptistCanuk
I realize you didn't state that. I just asked the question but thank you for clarifying it. It is good that you would be consistent.:handshake:

I'm not on the Bush bandwagon (I think they are circling now), I don't even like Kool Aid that much. :D

I agree with most of what the President has done but not everything. He is not conservative enough for my liking.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top