Ridiculous E-mails from "Africa"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semper Fidelis

2 Timothy 2:24-25
Staff member
Couldn't figure out if this belonged in Entertainment and Humor. I got another one of those e-mails from "Africa" today. I'm sure you guys have seen these:
Beloved In Christ,

I really appreciate your understanding. This is necessary and reasonable Since the first requirement for developing trust and confidence in someone is knowing that person -the more completely and Accurately, the better,similarly,accurate knowledge is needed for you to be Motivated to believe in God." Faith is the assured expectation of things hope For, the evident demonstration of realities though not Beheld". Paul said, (Hebrews11:1) belief in God without accurate knowledge of The Bible is like a house of cards. a little puff is enough to make it fall. While accurate knowledge is essential to Faith in God , more is needed to move one to obey and serve God faithfully.

"Happy are those conscious of their Spiritual needs,---Happy are the Merciful,---Happy are the peaceable "Together with six other descriptions of Those who are happy, these statements form the striking introduction to Jesus "˜famous sermon on the mount as recorded by gospel writer Matthew (Matthew 5:3-11) Jesus words gives assurance that Happiness is within our Reach.

I do not look at visible things that are temporal, but I keep my eyes on Jesus, the Author and Perfecta of my Faith. I walk by Faith and not by Sight. I refuse to walk in unbelief because I have come to the Right place where God operates in my life in spite of my prevailing Situations. I constantly gaze at the World and refuse to be distracted for As I continue to look, am being transformed to the Image of God. I thank God for calling me to serve this purpose (Donation) for kingdom investment.

My beloved In Christ, this donation is a manifestation of the promise of God Almighty "The expectations of the righteous shall not be cut short".Therefore, the offer is now placed before you only because of Your Faith. I pray the Good Lord to open your heart to see the revelations of his Word; let your spirit reveal the many hidden treasures and benefits of This donation to humanity.

I wholeheartedly give you my blessing and mandate to contact my lawyer for details of how you will receive my donation for kingdom Investment in your ministry. Below is the contact information of my lawyer:

Name Barrister Pius Ademu Akubo (SAN)
Phone 234-8023030358, 234 -1-7757285
Email [email protected]

May the Good Lord give you the Grace and wisdom to faithfully use this Donation to the glory of heavenly places. I seriously need your spiritual support as I will be traveling to London for my periodic medical treatment and may be subjected to a major operation. I will equally appreciate if you call me on my direct line ( 234-8023414280) for more personal discussion and familiarization.

Regards and God bless you.

Mrs Sharma Adenuga

Its a scam...they use the Christian angle to tug at the old heart strings.....anyone that falls for one of these is a few bricks shy of their own load.

You\'re kidding right.....

I'm still checking my account, waiting for the deposit....for some reason I'm missing money though....also my buddy who is single found a nice girl over there, she's really pretty, and her pictures almost look professionally done, almost like out of a magazine, and boy is she perfect, says she loves Jesus, is ready to be submissive, loves to please her husband when she marries, and she just needs his account info so she can wire over a bunch of money to him and get their perfect relationship started........:chained::lol:

It's crazy, that really happened to my friend, he didn't fall for it of course, but he did respond to an initial email or two, and then when he said he was reporting it, the "girl" got all defensive, but it was so obvious it was some dude posting pictures he found on the Internet or something.........

THis Barrister guy is a busy man! And he has a lot of inheritance money to give to Americans apparently.

I get regular correspondence from a rich widow in Nigeria. I have also won the British lottery (just give your credit card info to confirm your identity).

And all of these are no where as annoying as forwarded chain mail letters from people from my own home church!!!

You mean these aren't real? But the family of a DISTINGUISHED BUSINESSMAN offered me $1,000,000 USD (ONE MILLION UNITED STATES DOLLARS) from his estate that was set aside in a SECRET SWISS BANK ACCOUNT!

[Edited on 3-27-2006 by daveb]

Lest somebody think I'm naive, the title of my post indicated I knew it was a scam. :)

I get these with quite regularity. In fact, if you ever try to sell a car online then be prepared for about half of your offers coming from "barristers" offering to send you a $12,000 check for your $6000 car so they can use the money secured to fly over and see the car.

In my free Church web hosting applications I get about 1 in 5 "applications" from fake Churches in Africa. They must have a standard text speel that they cut and paste.

the 419 scams are so big that they are reflected in those countries balance of trade payments, obviously as cash in....

http://www.ladlass.com/ice/archives/cat_online_crime.html
uhu Ribadu, head of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, says cash and assets worth more than $700 million were recovered from suspects between May 2003 and June 2004. More than 500 suspects have been arrested, more than 100 cases are before the courts and 500 others are under investigation, he said.

note RECOVERED

I used to work in the Human Resource office of a christian college and we used to get those all the time along with all sorts of "christian spam".

Originally posted by trevorjohnson
THis Barrister guy is a busy man! And he has a lot of inheritance money to give to Americans apparently.

I get regular correspondence from a rich widow in Nigeria. I have also won the British lottery (just give your credit card info to confirm your identity).

And all of these are no where as annoying as forwarded chain mail letters from people from my own home church!!!

Surely not the ones that say "something good will happen if you forward this to 20 people in the next 5 minutes"? :chained: :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back