Romans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg

Puritan Board Sophomore
I've only heard good things about Douglas Moo's commentary on Romans. What are some other good ones? Thanks.
 
Moo is excellent. Murray is also among the best, if not the best. Robert Haldane's is very good. Stott is helpful. Schreiner is not so great.
 
John Murray, John Calvin, Matthew Henry, Matthew Poole, Elnathan Parr, Peter Martyr.

Also see this resource for Reformed writings on particular passages in Romans, notably Thomas Watson on Rom. 8.28.
 
Great! Thanks for the recommendations.

How about John Piper's book "Justification of God: An Exegetical and Theological Study of Romans 9:1-23"?
 
Originally posted by Greg
Great! Thanks for the recommendations.

How about John Piper's book "Justification of God: An Exegetical and Theological Study of Romans 9:1-23"?

That book is absolutely fabulous. First book by Piper I bought and I love it :D

I know Martyn Lloyd-Jones has a commentary set on Romans (1 book for each chapter), unfortinitly I haven't got my hands on it yet :(

Bryan
SDG
 
Originally posted by Bryan
Originally posted by Greg
Great! Thanks for the recommendations.

How about John Piper's book "Justification of God: An Exegetical and Theological Study of Romans 9:1-23"?

That book is absolutely fabulous. First book by Piper I bought and I love it :D

I heartily second Bryan's recommendation. It is a fantastic book.
 
Originally posted by Bryan


I know Martyn Lloyd-Jones has a commentary set on Romans (1 book for each chapter), unfortinitly I haven't got my hands on it yet :(

Bryan
SDG

I have! :D

I've read the first 12 volumes so far. Got a bit bogged down in his interpretation of Romans 7, but tremendously useful apart from that - if you can speed read, that is (I can't - it's taken me 4 years to get this far!)

Haldane, Murray, Moo and Hodge (in no particular order) are all worth getting, if you can afford it.

Edit: Murray is now only done in paperback, I think. It's still a hardback price, though. :down:

[Edited on 10-5-2006 by Dave L]
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top