Sad Song

Status
Not open for further replies.

JM

Puritan Board Doctor
"Believe"

The faces all around me they don't smile they just crack
Waiting for our ship to come but our ships not coming back
We do our time like pennies in a jar
What are we saving for [x2]

There's a smell of stale fear that's reeking from our skins.
The drinking never stops because the drinks absolve our sins
We sit and grow our roots into the floor
But what are we waiting for? [x2]

[chorus:]
So give me something to believe
Cause I am living just to breathe
And I need something more
To keep on breathing for
So give me something to believe

Something's always coming you can hear it in the ground
It swells into the air
With the rising
Rising sound
And never comes but shakes the boards and rattles all the doors
What are we waiting for [x2]

[chorus]

I am hiding from some beast
But the beast was always here
Watching without eyes
Because the beast is just my fear
That I am just nothing
Now its just what I've become
What am I waiting for
Its already done

Oh​
 
This is the saddest song I have ever heard

"Held"

[video=youtube;iOufqWodFNo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOufqWodFNo[/video]
 
...since no commentary pro or con is apparent.

Commentary:

I wrote, "Sad Song"

AThornquist wrote, "Instead of buying that song, I will slam my fingers in the cabinet. It's cheaper and less depressing."

Rich Koster wrote, "The sound of no hope."

Further, it's the anthem of the lost. Unbelievers want to believe in anything but God.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top