SBC view on pre-incarnate Christ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PointingToChrist

Puritan Board Freshman
Hi all,

I'm working on a sermon that will be preached at a Southern Baptist church (though it is not rigidly confessional).

I am thinking of giving a quick mention of the pre-incarnate Christ in the Old Testament. What is the SBC's view of this?

It is not (yet) a major point in my sermon, so I would probably not mention it in case they didn't believe that, though if it becomes a more important point, I would. I've preached at two Baptist churches and I am attempting to be somewhat sensitive as they get to know me, although I do not dodge primary tenets (aka TRUTH!) when preaching.
 
Why would you think this may be an issue with an SBC congregation versus any other? It depends on what you say, not the congregation you are addressing.

:2cents:
 
I'm SBC and we don't have any different view than any other church that I know of. Some in the congregation may not of ever heard anything on the issue, but that is about all.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top