Sonoftheday
Puritan Board Sophomore
How do you memorize scripture? How do you choose which verses/sections to memorize? Do you focus more on word for word memorization or knowing what the passage is addressing and where it is located (or both)? I have heard the memorization of scripture advocated many times in my life yet I have never heard how this should be done. I know repetition is the key to learning anything, especially memorizing anything.
I ask because this is one of the many areas that I feel inadequate. I can discuss theology at great lengths with people but too often have to consult my concordance to teach it biblically. Also I know SM will improve my prayer life greatly, the few passages I do have memorized are often the subjects of my prayer and thanksgiving.
Any advise is appreciated, especially that of brothers and sisters who have put much of God's word to memory.
I ask because this is one of the many areas that I feel inadequate. I can discuss theology at great lengths with people but too often have to consult my concordance to teach it biblically. Also I know SM will improve my prayer life greatly, the few passages I do have memorized are often the subjects of my prayer and thanksgiving.
Any advise is appreciated, especially that of brothers and sisters who have put much of God's word to memory.

