seceder RCA churches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calvinbeza

Puritan Board Freshman
I heard about that University Reformed Church in Lansing, MI will join the PCA. Are there any RCA churches willing to join the PCA?

Here is part of the press release (reported on the Aquila Report, among other places). As you will note, the service to be lead by Dr. Duncan is to be this afternoon. I've planned to attend, but the winter storm watch that we are under becomes a blizzard watch in the afternoon, so I am not sure how this will affect things.

Five Illinois Churches in the Reformed Church RCA) in America have voted to affiliate with the Presbyterian Church in America (PCA). The PCA’s Chicago Metro Presbytery met with, examined, and approved the pastors and elders of these churches during 2014.

On October 15, 2014, the churches were officially approved and received by the Chicago Metro Presbytery. The Presbytery will have a special service of celebration and welcome on February 1, 2015 at 3:00 p.m.; during this service the pastors and elders will be installed. The service will be held at the First Reformed Church in Lansing, IL. Dr. Ligon Duncan, Chancellor of Reformed Seminary, will be the guest preacher.

The five churches in Illinois are:

Crete Reformed Church, Rev. David Smith, pastor

Grace Reformed Church, Lansing, without a pastor

First Reformed Church, Lansing, Rev. Ben Kappers, pastor

Peace Community Church, Frankfort, Rev. Kurt Kruger, pastor

Missio Dei Church, New Lenox, Rev. Paul Vroom, pastor

Peace,
Alan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back