Secure setting for Facebook Users. Being hacked is a terrible thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuritanCovenanter

The Joyful Curmudgeon
Staff member
I was told by my ex that I should look on the bar on top make sure it is https://. Then it means secure.

We got hacked on Facebook.

Pastor Underwood told me to...

Go to your Account / Setting / Security. You will find an option for it down there.

He was correct. All I had to do was choose the option. I hope that helps.
 
N.b. Those that play games like Farmville will not be able to do so with the https:// in place. I don't play games, so it's not an issue for me, but I thought it worth mentioning here.
 
N.b. Those that play games like Farmville will not be able to do so with the https:// in place. I don't play games, so it's not an issue for me, but I thought it worth mentioning here.

But as soon as you return to FB, you are. It's only while you're in a third-party app that it disconnects from secure, and there is a warning box before you make the change.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top