Smoked Pork Butt

Status
Not open for further replies.
What temp do you stabilize at and how long do u smoke?
This is only my second attempt. While the first attempt turned out fine, I didn't like the bark consistency. I wrapped it in foil when the fat split wide. This time around, I believe I'm gonna skip wrapping, and spritz it with Apple Cider Vinegar. I'm lookin' for 195 to 200 before I pull. The smoke time, I guess, depends on the size of the butt. This one is about 7lbs. But, really, I'll just be going by looks and temperature. I'll let it rest for about 2hrs before pulling.

I generally smoke, using a Green Egg, of course dependent on size, for 8 hrs at least. 190 to 200 degrees.

Cheese shells with pulled pork? You Texas boys should stick to beef.

First of all, Pulled Pork isn't Texan. It's really hard to get good pulled pork around here.

Second, the most expensive side at Lockhart's is the mac and cheese. That does appear to be Texan.

This is only my second attempt. While the first attempt turned out fine, I didn't like the bark consistency. I wrapped it in foil when the fat split wide. This time around, I believe I'm gonna skip wrapping, and spritz it with Apple Cider Vinegar. I'm lookin' for 195 to 200 before I pull. The smoke time, I guess, depends on the size of the butt. This one is about 7lbs. But, really, I'll just be going by looks and temperature. I'll let it rest for about 2hrs before pulling.

Have you ever just wrapped in foil and dropped it in the coals?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back