Solar eclipse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack K

Puritan Board Doctor
So who else on this board enjoyed yesterday's solar eclipse?

Here in southwestern Colorado, my family and I live just on the edge of where the "ring of fire" phenomenon was visible. So we donned our eclipse glasses and got to see the full outline of the moon in front of the sun. We were amazed at how stars, planets and moons line up to produce such events. What a testimony to the genius handiwork of the Creator! For me, it turned out to be an even more God-focused experience than I anticipated.

The "ring of fire" band only covered a small part of the U.S. (and a relatively unpopulated one), and probably coincided with evening services for some.

I know of a person from a photography site who set up a whole apparatus to take pics of it and i can't wait to see what he captures!

I'm jealous since we didn't get to see anything here on the east coast. It's too bad, we had magnificent weather.

I'm praying for good weather on June 5th so I can watch the Venus transit of the sun. Last chance to see that until 2117.

I caught a glimpse of it, but I didn't get to catch the "ring of fire" phenomenon. My brother made a pinhole camera and was able to take a couple shots of the moon covering the sun. It was really neat!

It was supposed to be quite phenomenal here in Arizona around 6:30pm.

Unfortunately for the eclipse viewing, church started at 6pm.

Service/prayer time was good. I made the right choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back