someone is sssssupressssing the truth; picture in article

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, maybe original serpents DID have legs . . . but then . . . they lost them here:

the LORD God said to the serpent, "Because you have done this,
"Cursed are you above all the livestock
and all the wild animals!
You will crawl on your belly
and you will eat dust
all the days of your life. (Gen. 3:14)

:banana:

[Edited on 4-20-2006 by JeremyConrad]

Jeremy, that was my first thought too. In fact, I emailed my wife as soon as I saw the article and said they had found the pre-fall snake.

Imagine how impressive a two-legged talking snake would look to our first parents. Talk about cunning.

But I wonder why the call it an evolution. It seems like loosing your legs would be devolution.

But I got a kick out of them giving it the Hebrew name. At least some evolutionists have a sense of humor, or maybe it is dread.

Vic

Originally posted by JeremyConrad
Well, maybe original serpents DID have legs . . . but then . . . they lost them here:

and you will eat dust

:banana:

That's what I thought when I saw it. Maybe it lost its legs through microevolution, but here's proof that snakes didn't used to crawl.

Originally posted by JeremyConrad

and you will eat dust

is the curse on the serpent pronounced on all snakes or just that one?

there doesn't appear to be a way to distinguish between these two possibilities from the text. what reason would there be for cursing an entire suborder for the activities of one. Unless you propose a sort of federal headship for all snakes here?

it is more natural to the text that the curse is just on this one particular serpent.
and says nothing about the ~2500 of species in the suborder serpentes.

Richard asked:

"is the curse on the serpent pronounced on all snakes or just that one?"

Since the curse seems to be, "Cursed are you above all the livestock
and all the wild animals! You will crawl on your belly and you will eat dust
all the days of your life.", and all serpents seem to be in this position, I suppose one might conclude the curse is upon all serpents, but that would be affirming the consequent in the form of:

If the curse applies to all serpents, then all serpents will crawl on their belly. All serpents crawl on their belly, therefore the curse applies to all serpents.

After all, there are other mamals that crawl on their bellies and eat dust (like the Pygopodidae family). I guess I don't know. What difference does it make anyway?

Matthew 15:14
Let them alone; they are blind guides. And if the blind lead the blind, both will fall into a pit."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back