Steak n Eggs

Status
Not open for further replies.
The meat looks great, but I like my eggs overcooked.

My brother, in love may I point you are in error however, rejoice in that there is no need for a fracture. I believe it is not necessary to make it a point of breaking off fellowship even when brothers have deep flaws in issues as preparation of eggs. I would still share the Lord's table with you.

An egg should under no circumstances be boiled for more than 6 minutes. My grandma, when she was still with us, would boil them for a minimum of 45. They would turn grey under the shell. She was absolutely convinced we would get Salmonella if they were boiled for less than 40. They looked like eggs from Mars when she was done with them. Thankfully, she had many other positive qualities to make up for what she did to those poor eggs.

An egg should under no circumstances be boiled for more than 6 minutes. My grandma, when she was still with us, would boil them for a minimum of 45. They would turn grey under the shell. She was absolutely convinced we would get Salmonella if they were boiled for less than 40. They looked like eggs from Mars when she was done with them. Thankfully, she had many other positive qualities to make up for what she did to those poor eggs.
soft-boiled eggs are tricky.

My late grandmother thought this about everything she cooked.

What is your egg-boiling method?

My late grandmother thought this about everything she cooked.

What is your egg-boiling method?
The only detail I focus much on is that the water boils for 6 minutes. Usually I take the eggs out and put them in cold water after so they don't keep cooking. 4 minutes gives runny yoke, 6 gives a yoke that's solid but translucent yellow, not powdery or crumbly, and 8 or more gives a crumbly, powdery, dry yoke. What the other 37 minutes are for, only my later grandmother knows.

The only detail I focus much on is that the water boils for 6 minutes. Usually I take the eggs out and put them in cold water after so they don't keep cooking. 4 minutes gives runny yoke, 6 gives a yoke that's solid but translucent yellow, not powdery or crumbly, and 8 or more gives a crumbly, powdery, dry yoke. What the other 37 minutes are for, only my later grandmother knows.
do you boil the water first and then drop the eggs, or put the eggs in and bring them up to a 6 minute boil?

To properly prepare a hard boiled egg, put it in the water, bring the water to a boil, turn off the heat, cover the pot, and let it sit 10 minutes.

To properly prepare an egg out of the shell, fry bacon, country ham, or sausage in a skillet. remove meat, add water, put in eggs, cover skillet, Egg is done when it will bounce when dropped.

Plot Twist: Eggs n Steak

FkMfSduXgAUIDsy
FkMfUQZX0AI96AV

FkMfWIzXoBQN8Lu
FkMfYePWIAA_xye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back