Study Bible

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimV

Puritanboard Botanist
Do any of you have recommendations for study Bibles for teenagers? My 14 and 15 year old have both taken a good interest in the history of cultures mentioned in the Bible, and I'd like one with maps, geneologies and even a few historical articles, as long as they aren't way out liberal or anything.
Thanks
Tim

Do any of you have recommendations for study Bibles for teenagers? My 14 and 15 year old have both taken a good interest in the history of cultures mentioned in the Bible, and I'd like one with maps, geneologies and even a few historical articles, as long as they aren't way out liberal or anything.
Thanks
Tim

I use MacArthur's study Bible, but it's very focused on theology - not sure if that's what you're looking for...

The Thompson Chain Reference, as has been pointed out, is relatively "influence free" and has an excellent self referencing system and some good standard Bible helps also. I have been told they may add the ESV version in about two years time. If your child has good eyesight, there is a slightly smaller "handy size."

On top of all this, there is a fairly substantial archaeology section included.

a MacArthur Study Bible is a must need. But I'd wait a little bit for the ESV Study Bible. That will, I think, be the best because they do get into those kind of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back