Ted Haggard resign NAE leadership post

Status
Not open for further replies.
I happened to be in a Charismatic church this morning where they prayed for Haggard and the speakers (regular pastor and guest preacher) said how good a minister he had been, how they knew people who had benefited from him etc. A comparison was made, perhaps justifiably, with King David's fall from grace. Does anyone know anything further about Haggard, what he taught, his church etc? I had never heard of him until yesterday.
Read some of the posts I've written on this thread about my attendance at his church back in 1990. In retrospect, I can say beyond the shadow of a doubt that he was preaching heresy back then (and it would take quite a bit of time for me to recall all the shenanigans that went on there). Let's not forget that he's an Oral Roberts University alum. I haven't heard of many ministers coming from that college that preach sound doctrine.

Before all this stuff came to light about his unprofessionalism and misconduct, the one thing I found most annoying about him was that Cheshire Cat grin which resembled an arrogant, overbearing smirk. Thinking about it makes it hard for me to keep from inserting my foot in my mouth. It's just that I have bad memories from my attendance there (especially with all the games people played on each other in terms of who's more spiritual than someone else).:rant:

He calls himself a Christian. I call myself a Christian. That is all the world sees.
Isn't that the truth!

I've heard quite a bit of chatter on this over the CB radio. Without :deadhorse: , I've had to explain that not every Christian is like that. In a nutshell, it's the bad ones who tarnish the name of Christ, and it's the good ones we hardly ever hear about in the MSM.

Nevertheless, if this is all the world sees, then they're very closed-minded. Any former atheist/agnostic who now confesses Christ will be able to attest to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back