Resources on Leadership as a Christian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redeemed Ronin

Puritan Board Freshman
Good day brothers and sisters in the Lord Jesus Christ,

I am looking to develop leadership skills in order to grow at my company and, Lord willing, enter into a management role. The primary reason is to be able to position myself to better provide for my family for years to come, and the secondary reason is to continue to be a Christian witness in an otherwise secular work environment.

I am thankful that my job provides various leadership and management training materials, but I also want to ensure that my leadership philosophy is undergirded by Biblical principles, ethics, and wisdom. Does anyone have any recommendations for resources (books, courses, etc.) that cover how to be a leader as a Christian? I am not necessarily looking for Christian leadership – for example, as a church office-bearer – but on being a leader in general with a Biblical foundation.

Thank you, and blessings!

Max DePree, Leadership is an Art
C. John Miller, The Heart of a Servant Leader
Albert Mohler, The Conviction to Lead: 25 Principles for Leadership that Matters
Harry Reeder, 3D Leadership

I found Al Mohler's book especially helpful.

I’ve been in some type of leadership role in my organization for the past 15 years. I have read quite a few popular leadership books out there by well known authors and most of them have some great practical tips and strategies that you can integrate into your daily work.
My favorite have been Dr Demings writings as well as any type of treatment of the Lean management system (which has one of its foundational pillars as “Respect for people.”)

However, the two things that have been the most impactful to me as a leader has been to first, meditate on what the Lord requires of both superiors and inferiors in the 5th commandment. Questions 123 through 133 in the Westminster Larger Catechism are very helpful here. Secondly offer daily, sincere prayers for both my own leaders and those I am leading, and the wisdom to do and say whatever would most glorify the Lord, and be a blessing to those I am leading.

Good day brothers and sisters in the Lord Jesus Christ,

I am looking to develop leadership skills in order to grow at my company and, Lord willing, enter into a management role. The primary reason is to be able to position myself to better provide for my family for years to come, and the secondary reason is to continue to be a Christian witness in an otherwise secular work environment.

I am thankful that my job provides various leadership and management training materials, but I also want to ensure that my leadership philosophy is undergirded by Biblical principles, ethics, and wisdom. Does anyone have any recommendations for resources (books, courses, etc.) that cover how to be a leader as a Christian? I am not necessarily looking for Christian leadership – for example, as a church office-bearer – but on being a leader in general with a Biblical foundation.

Thank you, and blessings!

We published a book that you may find of great use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back