Thanksgiving Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Somerset

Puritan Board Junior
I can't see a thread for this - though I'm certain it is today. I don't think it's like Christmas or Easter in terms of not being celebrated by reformed Christians.

So I think it is OK to say

Happy Thanksgiving Day to all our US brothers and sisters

(if I've dropped a clanger I'm sure someone will tell me)

Actually, I hear the term "Thanksgiving" comes from the ancient Druids and indicated what they did when they praised their false gods. The roasting of the turkey is part of a Romanist conspiracy- the account runs that Pope Leo I put exactly 666 crumbs of stuffing into the bird and heated the oven to 666 degrees. As for the sweet potato, Irish Catholics would eat these to taunt the Orangemen. And the pumpkin is associated with a Wiccan legend that says eating this gourd within a month of Halloween will appease the evil spirits and make one immortal.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Actually, I hear the term "Thanksgiving" comes from the ancient Druids and indicated what they did when they praised their false gods. The roasting of the turkey is part of a Romanist conspiracy- the account runs that Pope Leo I put exactly 666 crumbs of stuffing into the bird and heated the oven to 666 degrees. As for the sweet potato, Irish Catholics would eat these to taunt the Orangemen. And the pumpkin is associated with a Wiccan legend that says eating this gourd within a month of Halloween will appease the evil spirits and make one immortal.

That was the most perfect thanksgiving comment I have ever seen. Happy Thanksgiving to all, drive safe.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Assuming that this is a "tongue-planted-firmly-in-cheek" thing I approve!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back