The Cross Centered Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christopher

Puritan Board Freshman
This is one of those books the size of "Prayer of Jabel" but with sound theology. It is onlt 85 little pages and is a great book for gift giving. It is very encourageing. I would give it to someone who is a christian who is in the dumps or has lost sight of their focus on the Cross of Christ. If you buy it here at http://www.sovereigngracestore.com/croslifbycjm.html it is only $7. I am goig to be giving my copy away soon and getting more for family and friends. They are not book reading people so the size out to be helpful.

sorry, tryed to post he cover but not happening

[Edited on 5-28-2004 by Christopher]

[Edited on 5-28-2004 by Christopher]
 
This guy, CJ Mahaney, is what I think they call a "Charismatic Reformed"-type guy, or something to that effect.
As much as it sounds like I'm going to say something bad about him, let me say that I saw this guy preach a few weeks ago at my church (as a guest speaker) and he must be one of the most loving, sincere, wonderful people I've EVER had the privilege of seeing!

If I was HALF as devoted to Christ as he is, I would consider myself doing well! He is SO sold out to the Gospel message that it is almost unbelievable. He doesn't have an ounce of pretense in his body; he is so sincere and down to earth.

About his book: I, too, read this book a year or so ago and the thing that I was most pleased with is the fact that a book like this is really keeping the main thing the main thing. Hopefully a lot of "Prayer of Jabez" type people will pick it up and read it because of its size and design; they may think its another with a similar message and SURPRISE! the Gospel is center for once!!!

You can go to "Capitol Hill Baptist Church.com" and hear an interview that Mark Dever (the pastor) did with CJ Mahaney. You'll find it definitely worth the listen!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top