The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, for starters do you think there is any underlying message regarding the digital age and the decline in reading books? Anything else?

Could it be a hopeful piece?....the words being ripped from paper, the world turning upside down, but books continue, indeed are revived in popularity, as a new generation, and then another arises that appreciates their importance?

Paul, I did get something of that impression. My wife, who catches every detail, pointed out to me how those who read or were given a book went from a black & white figure to a color figure.

I paused and read the words in the book at the beginning of the video. He opines about how New Orleans is a fine enough city, but in the city he forgets why it is he cares for order. The question he writes just before the hurricane is, "Why do I care so much for order? Why does the weasel go pop after the mulberry bush is gone around?" It appears that he's written in pages after this one (out of order!) so that could demonstrate that his sense of order is already crumbling. It's also interesting that you have to pause the video to read the words, which may point to the same idea- information is so fast that you can't process and organize it! I haven't yet watched any further, though- I'll try not to "live-blog the video, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back