The Prebyterian Controversy: a moderate view?

Status
Not open for further replies.

arapahoepark

Puritan Board Professor
I don't remember if I saw it here or elsewhere but, I recall seeing a book on the history of the Presbyterian Controversy from a moderate viewpoint who labeled Machen a radical. I don't remember if it was Erdman or Speer, it may have been someone else... Any clue?

I can't help you with the book question, but I certainly can hear the words from many a Presbycast signoff, "Don't be an Erdman."

So maybe my help is the reminder to not be an Erdman?

I don't remember if I saw it here or elsewhere but, I recall seeing a book on the history of the Presbyterian Controversy from a moderate viewpoint who labeled Machen a radical. I don't remember if it was Erdman or Speer, it may have been someone else... Any clue?
If it is a more recent book, I think I've seen of Bradley Longfield's book described that way. (Or maybe I'm thinking of an even more recent book. I think maybe there was one published about 15 years ago that said that Machen was wrong and the moderates were right. Or maybe I just heard about it at that time.) https://www.amazon.com/Presbyterian-Controversy-Fundamentalists-Modernists-Moderates/dp/0195086740

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back